Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania Vs. Expansys

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

does anyone have any experience with either of these sites good or bad?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Good and bad with both. Prefer Expansys, if you do have a problem they can get it sorted. The same cant be said for pixmania in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

baught from pixmania , decent prices , fast delivery

would recemend them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

expansys are the worst company I have ever dealt with, they are and remain the only established "legitimate" company I will not buy from online.

have never had problems with pixmania but once a parcel got lost in transit with dhl and they resent with fastest shipping option so I was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Davy wrote: »
    Good and bad with both. Prefer Expansys, if you do have a problem they can get it sorted. The same cant be said for pixmania in my experience.

care to share your story?
    tw0nk wrote: »
    have never had problems with pixmania but once a parcel got lost in transit with dhl and they resent with fastest shipping option so I was happy.

whats happened with expansys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

No personal experience with either, but have heard many complaints about overpricing from Expansys, and poor customer service from Pixmania.

If you're phone shopping, some people seem to like clove.co.uk.... but seek further advice before taking my word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

i bought a phone that broke on the very first day i bought it, took expansys over a month to give me an RMA number, by this stage I no longer could ask my cc company to take the money back. I then sent the phone back to them and they told me it was user damage and would charge me 200 quid to fix it. After tonnes of phone calls they sent it back un-fixed as I requested as I did not want to spend an extra 200 quid on a phone that I didnt damage. I finally gave up and sold the phone on for half the price I bought it as it was broken to a friend, my friend sent it back to the manufacturer directly (mio) and they fixed it as part of warranty, turns out expansys never sent it to mio at all, just decided themselves that I had broken it. stear clear incase anything goes wrong with your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

antocann wrote: »

would recemend them

+1

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pixmania are, without doubt, the worst in the world to deal with if something goes wrong. I tried to cancel before it was picked or shipped from their warehouse, when it magically changes status to shipped.....even though it showed 2 weeks for it to ship - hence me cancelling in the first place.
    I emailed them and they told me to refuse delivery, when they received it back I would be credited. THREE Months later they were saying they didn't have it, while it was showing as delivered to them within a week on the DHL website. I threatened them with allsorts, until they refunded the amount, LESS SHIPPING. At that stage I had lost the will to live, so i gave up on the shipping. Never, ever again for Pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

whiterebel wrote: »
    Pixmania are, without doubt, the worst in the world to deal with if something goes wrong. I tried to cancel before it was picked or shipped from their warehouse, when it magically changes status to shipped.....even though it showed 2 weeks for it to ship - hence me cancelling in the first place.
    I emailed them and they told me to refuse delivery, when they received it back I would be credited. THREE Months later they were saying they didn't have it, while it was showing as delivered to them within a week on the DHL website. I threatened them with allsorts, until they refunded the amount, LESS SHIPPING. At that stage I had lost the will to live, so i gave up on the shipping. Never, ever again for Pixmania.
    Agree. Pixmaina are disaster to deal with it if something goes wrong. No experience with Expansys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Don't Pixmania just use Expansys (amongst other sites)?
    See "product sold by" under the the price: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5986144/art/samsung/galaxy-s.html

I've bought a bit from expansys. I find them quite expensive for small bits like memory cards etc but I've never had a problem getting phones from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

I am very slow to use expansys.ie at the moment as all their email address are bouncing as undelivered:

orderstat@expansys.ie
    info@expansys.ie
    trackorder@expansys.ie

Something worries me when an e-commerce website has email addresses that don't work, not just some of them, but all of them.

Their .com email addresses seem to work, so I am not sure what is up with the Irish version of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I order products on monday was told i would have them wednesday so i checked my order status on the website and still said awaiting stock,now they said on their site they have plenty in stock,i rang today and they said they are coming from france,and the warehouse was on holidays(wtf) and it will be shiped out tomor,needless to say i canceled my order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

tw0nk wrote: »
    i bought a phone that broke on the very first day i bought it, took expansys over a month to give me an RMA number, by this stage I no longer could ask my cc company to take the money back.

I can't see why. I have been told by my credit card provider (Bank of Ireland) that you have up to 90 days from the date of the statement a transaction appears on to dispute it and/or request a chargeback.

You also have the right under EU distance selling regulations to cancel any online/mail order transaction within seven days of receiving the product without giving any reason - there doesn't have to be a product fault.

Know your rights! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,382 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm seeing two type of posts in this thread which are no help to the OP....

1. Expansys are too expensive

Doh! Well just don't buy from them, you can see the price when you're browsing.

2. I ordered from Pixmania, everything arrived in double-quick time, no complaints.

If you buy a car from dealer xx and it gives you no trouble, that is not a reflection on the dealer, it's just good luck. If you buy a faulty car and the dealer fixes it and gives you the warm feeling that you will go back to him to buy your next motor, that is worth reporting.

I have bought from both sellers but not from Pixmania since I started reading stories about their Romanian call centre and their appalling customer service, this seems to stem from the time they were taken over by DSG (Dixons/PC World/Currys).

I've also bought from Expansys but have never had to call on their customer service.

Bear in mind that for certain items like mobile phones you can go to a local repair centre and they will fix it under the EU warranty so you don't always have to fall back on the company who sold you the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Puppinchen

Hello
    i never got any issue with them so i am quite surprised. What was your issue with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

antocann wrote: »

would recemend them

+1

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ordered a phone from expansys earlier on today because I remember someone on here mentioning them before. They sent me an email then looking for proof of address, never got that request before but didnt mind it. The money is gone from my account(I used paypal) but they said the deal hasnt gone through till they see proof of address first. Hopefully Ill get my new phone by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

I ordered a phone from expansys about 2 weeks ago and eventually had to cancel my order. Their website said they had plenty in stock but after numerous phone calls and constantly being told that they were awaiting stock and would update their website i cancelled it last week.. Terrible company to deal with and im not the only one, heaps of the same complaints online about them.

Ordered the same phone from pixmania this morning and it has been dispatched already, i should have it tomorrow or monday. Will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 3bs

So how are both these companies now? It's been more than a year since the last post.

I'm thinking of buying a phone from expansys but after reading some of the posts here I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I have never bought from Expansys ,if something goes amiss with your pixmania order.Your are without doubt in for the biggest run around of your life.
    Total scum bags to deal with ,Stay well clear .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Since making this thread, I bought my HTC desire from CloveUK two years ago and all was well with that, no problems. Whenever I needed to get the phone fixed, I contacted HTC directly and they took care of it.

I bought a Galaxy Nexus from Pixmania at the start of the month and so far all has been well, phone arrived fast enough, price was good, all the contact emails I got were above board and clearly written stating that they were a proxy, I was actually buying from this other company.

I've still not dealt with Expansys but this venture with pixmania has been effortless.

Advertisement