Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable Gold Reserve for Cata

Options
  • 07-06-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Heyho,

So, I've never been big on making gold, I have ~4k in my accounts right now. I'm wondering how much gold people are saving up for cata, based on their experiences with WotLK and TBC.

What do YOU think is a suitable reserve amount to make sure you should have an easy time when Cata hits?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

it depends what you want to do, ive just over 100k now, which should serve me for the whole expansion.

Your going to need ALOT if you want to be the first with the maxed professions but you can make alot back on that so it can be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Or you could do what me and my boss are doing, which is stacking lots and lots (and lots) of Mats. By his recollection when Wrath came out he made about 20k on his stash of Ores from everyone rolling DKs and doing professions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

TechnoPool wrote: »
    it depends what you want to do, ive just over 100k now, which should serve me for the whole expansion...
    It's official..

I fcuking suck at making gold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

There was me thinkin about 20k on my bank toon and around 500 on 4/5 alts was decent.

Berns wrote: »
    There was me thinkin about 20k on my bank toon and around 500 on 4/5 alts was decent.

thats stil easily enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have 10K gold and don't think I will bother gathering any more.

Nowadays, I only play around raid times (3 times a week) and do much outside of raiding, i.e. no dailies. The money that I make from daily transmutations is enough to keep with the cost of raiding and the herbs I farm while waiting for raids to start supplies most of the mats for flasks/pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

100k gold is some stash, well done. When I was playing I was always starved of gold. The most I ever managed to accumulate was 5k I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've got 20k across my active characters

I have 30k in a gold reserve of which I own 15k off, and I have 5k on my bank character, he has about 4-5k in inventory too.

I'm hoping to hit about 100-150k gold before cata in my gold reserve, hopefully about 50k across active characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You really dont need a reserve. You'll make quite alot just leveling and doing quests at 85. I only ever decided to stock gold once, like 5 or 6 months before i stopped playing, made around 25k in 2 weeks, using just my professions (I have 3 characters with transmute mastery and one had high end JC).

There just isn't anything too spend it on tho. I still prefer my warlock class mount over any other mount ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When you hit 85 we dont know how much things like enchants and gems will ocst. We know from the start of new expansions they tend to be pretty pricey.

Then theres also the cost of levelling your professions.

It may be possible to do so through the gold you require from levelling to 85, but wouldnt it be nicer to be able to hit 85 and buy stuff without really having to worry bout your gold levels

• Advertisement

once you have enchanting and say JC'ing/Insription you will be laughing come cata in all dem GOLDXZZZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

And I thought I was going well with just over 34k....Bloody hell Mayo!

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    And I thought I was going well with just over 34k....Bloody hell Mayo!

pimpin dem hoe's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

When my friends quit they gave me, who at the time was level 7, all their gold so they wouldn't come back.

I still have 77k LEFT. I'm now level 32 =P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Xinkai wrote: »
    When my friends quit they gave me, who at the time was level 7, all their gold so they wouldn't come back.

I still have 77k LEFT. I'm now level 32 =P
    well check out the money bags on harry potter here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheDoc wrote: »
    When you hit 85 we dont know how much things like enchants and gems will ocst. We know from the start of new expansions they tend to be pretty pricey.

Then theres also the cost of levelling your professions.

It may be possible to do so through the gold you require from levelling to 85, but wouldnt it be nicer to be able to hit 85 and buy stuff without really having to worry bout your gold levels

Well, i think as long as you have professions maxed out now... there shouldnt be a problem leveling them while you ding to 85. Its ridiculously easy to get gold right now, i doubt thats gonna change in cata.

As long as you dont just vendor all your greens and ****, you should have plently of enchanting mats at 85, the dungeon finder will keep the price down on alot of things aswel. Im guessing they wont be releasing epic gems for a few months (Like they have done for TBC + LK) after release, so i doubt they're gonna be too expensive. The only thing that i reckon will be in any way expensive is herbs + ore. Which will come down in time.

But yeah its nice to have a bunch of gold sitting there, but it isn't really needed to have everything you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Magill wrote: »
    The only thing that i reckon will be in any way expensive is herbs + ore. Which will come down in time.

But yeah its nice to have a bunch of gold sitting there, but it isn't really needed to have everything you need.

They'll come down in price as soon as the botters upgrade.

Sholzar Basin is a joke atm. Glad i dropped mining and took up enchanting now.

Advertisement