Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Flexor Strain? Please help!!!

Options
  • 07-06-2010 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I've started getting back into running lately and must admit I was a little over ambicious and forced myself to run 5 miles when I was more accustomed to only running 3 (which would have been a few weeks back). Prior to this I played alot of squash and did intense spinning classes! So the next day I woke up and my right hip was kind of sore (that was a sunday.)

So on a thursday I went to do a 5 mile race and sure enough the next day it was sore. And thereafter everytime I was running it was becoming sore. However, I played squash once after it was sore and it was fine. Now I just did another 5 mile race and it has gotten quite a bit worse.

So far I've iced it and I can walk quite comfortably. I can't seem to lift or jerk my leg without feeling a slight pain. I fear I have aggrevated a minor hip flexor strain into something worse.

I would go to a physio but I can't get to one cause of my work schedule. I just would like to hear other peoples experiences on injuries like this in terms of
    i) recovery period
    ii) alternatives to running to maintain fitness ( spinning, swimming, cross trainer, rowing machine)
    iii) prevention, speed recovery, stretches

Based on the diagram under symptoms (and the description itself) I think my injruy fits under this!
    http://www.sports-injury-info.com/hip-flexor-injury.html

I know this is common in running and I seriously appreciate all advice on the matter! I desperately want to get back running but I will listen to advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

shareef wrote: »
    I will listen to advice!!
    Go to a physio. Find one open in the evenings, or weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Sorry Shareef, it sounds like you need to see a physio or doctor, we can't give advice on this here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement