Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ylod repair- anyone know?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

my ps3 YLODed, so searching for repairs on youtube i found this repair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70SgRDVcBo

anyone ever done this? seems to work well, only problem is it requires a heat gun which i dont have, and its complicated as hell!

I'm thinking of getting a slim anyway, so unless someone has something good to say about this ill leave it, but if i do get a slim ill attempt this anyway , why not?!

also anyone ever done the 'hairdryer trick' for repairing YLODed ps3s?

finally anyone ever sent their ps3 back to sony for repair, if so do you get back the exact same model ps3 (40gb :() or could i get a bigger hardrive model? its hardly worth 150euro to repair such an old ps3?!

ADVISE ME PEOPLE!!

thanks,

Paul.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Try a search of ylod on this forum. It has been done to death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What whiterebel said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement