Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 23 years old and I have suffered from depression and axiety since I was 15.

In school I was part of a small, close group of friends and I was lucky to have them while I was depressed as they helped me a lot. Though I never told them that there was anything wrong with me it was nice to have people to hang out with and distract me from my problems.

I went to college away from my friends and although I tried to keep in contact it was difficult and I grew apart from them. I still see them the odd time. My best friend used to live two doors down but now he's living abroad.

I made some friends in college but now that it is over they have all gone back home. I'm now in a new college and I'm not really making friends. I have plenty of people to talk to in college but they all have partners or are much older than me and they aren't interested in meeting up outside college. One guy was but he has left the country.

I find myself sitting in on weekends with nothing to do. I just do stuff with my family when I can or on my own. I'm still very depressed and anxious and being idle is making it worse.

I decided that I needed to do something about it so I joined a Tennis club and I play matches now and again. I also joined a few clubs in college but unfortunately I could not attend very often due to work. I am also seeing a counsellor.

I really can't see things changing any time soon. I guess there is no question in my post but I would like people's thoughts.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi man take up rugby it has a great social scene :)

Advertisement