Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

IMO The Brown Album is their best work followed by Tales From The Punchbowl.They are certainly an interesting bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

the video for Winona's Big Brown Beaver is a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Brown Album, Sailing The Seas Of Cheese, and Fizzle Fry would be my shouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Lacquer Head, Too Many Puppies and Tommy The Cat were what got me into them, haven't listened to them in years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Primus - The Devil Went Down To Georgia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

+1 on "Wyonas big brown beaver"
    deadly vid

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

i do love primus ,that wasnt the greatest cover of the devil went down to georgia though
    vid is great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Their first three albums are their greatest legacy IMHO, with their later stuff going downhill. You also get the added bonus of the "Fisherman's Chronicles" trilogy if you have these three albums ;)

Their DVD Primus - Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People (2003) is also an excellent package with a bonus CD with a gem of a track called "My Friend Fats".

Incidentally, the comments from the band on the DVD explain lots of interesting things from their videos (Mr Krinkle was done in one take and John the Fisherman was on Les' granddads boat etc. )

Oh yeah and PRIMUS SUCKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I honestly find that video frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I honestly find that video frightening.

It's why I love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Love Les Claypool.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

http://www.primusville.com/

If anyone is in America this summer/autumn. The awesome thing bout their Vegas show is its after the Rush show, and day before the Rush show is Coheed & Cambria with Porcupine Tree. That...just...:eek:...want!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Uh-oh ... Tragedy's a Comin'!

I mean, come on ... Green Naugahyde? That's Tragic. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

If there's any relatively young bassists who can cover Primus songs, feel free to pm me.:pac:

I can appreciate that they are a good band but I never really got into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Didn't know a new album was in the works. great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If there's any relatively young bassists who can cover Primus songs, feel free to pm me.:pac:

I'm not young, but I can give wynona, southbound pachyderm, laquerhead, DMV, and a couple of others a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Agree with Otis on Tales From The Punchbowl,great album.

Not sure what to think about the new album since its been so long since the last one but Im so stoked that they're still making thiis crazy **** :D

First single from Green Naugahyde

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I would if I wasn't living in Cavan/Galway all the time, can only play about 5 or 6 Primus songs anyway, others I've tried were, essentially, quite fucking difficult. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't listened to these guys in years,les is such a great bass player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone hear the new album yet????

Stand out track on the 1st listen for me is Jilly's On Smack, not sure it was worth the 12 year wait for this just yet but i'm not hating it. It's different and at the same time it's a lot like frizzle fry in places, due to Jays return maybe.

My favorite Primus track ever has to be

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ian the bassist

Haven't found a song by them that I can't play after practicing it for long enough(though I admit it is trickier than most stuff out there) Tommy the cat is the poxiest of his lines to master(also has a very distinct tone that frankly, I just can't get to sound like him(mainly because it's a fretless) try to cover victor wooten on the other hand. His stuff just screams "I'll never be able to do that" haha Here's a sample of his awesome bass skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEyEu-hS0fA&feature=fvst

3:15 and 5:02 are 2 of the best notes EVER

Advertisement