Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall boards, where to get?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    just about to pick up a '93 6 berth Fendt coachbuilt based on the early model ducato. It had some issues with water ingress and so a few of the inner wall boards need to be replaced. So.... I'm looking for an Irish supplier of this kind of wall board I'd prefer no to go down the route of 4mm ply and vinyl wallpaper unless I really have to.
    Thanks.
    Torq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not the answer to your question ...but are you sure it's only the boards that are affected?

Water damage (if it was going on for longer) usually goes much deeper and rots the whole frame (or at least parts of it). Fixing that could get very labour and cost intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

Yep, you are right! There is bound to be frame damage but to be honest it's not a big deal for me. All the units and berths are fine and they would be more work to repair/rebuild than the body. Over the winter I'll strip her out completely, lift the body off the chassis, replace the floor, followed by the walls and the roof, refit the units then it's off to France for the summer!
    I can already see some of you going OMG :eek: are you mad!! Honestly no. I've rebuilt timber sailing boats and a camper body is much easier as it's only a timber frame box with an aluminium skin bonded to it with hardly a curve in sight. If you will excuse the pun, I expect it to be "plain sailing" compared to a boat.

Torq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

good luck torq
    any chance of a few pics of your progress.cheers

meercat wrote: »
    good luck torq
    any chance of a few pics of your progress.cheers

Will do. Once I start the rebuild it'll be fully documented.

Torq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

We have gotten a few sheets of that from time to time , if you want to Pm me .

• Advertisement

P.M. on it's way.

Thanks,

Torq

Advertisement