Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering

Options
  • 06-06-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

The issue is that I have too much free time, suffer from depression and possibly social phobia, i am on welfare and cant work full time to support myself, i have no friends and only have an abusive/horrible father.
    I am 24 and I would like a volunteer position for like 4-6 hours a week, during the morning/afternoon, to get me out of the house, away from my father and hopefully talking to people my own age, building my confidence and maybe/hopefully relationships.

I don't know what to do though and I'm getting little help in choosing something, I would like something reasonably relaxed that would facilitate interactions with others around 20-30yo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

You say you 'can't' work - why not out of interest?

What are you interested in - do you like animals, are you good with kids etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Athene

In the same situation, lost my job have nothing but free time. Pm me and may be we could volunteer somewhere together

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey,
    have a look at Volunteering Ireland's website - there's a database of volunteering opportunities there, so you should find something of interest. www.volunteeringireland.com
    F

Advertisement