Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakes in exam results?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Im just wondering is it common to have mistakes in the exam results? Just got my JF results and have to say its the over achievement of my life ha. Thought there has to be a mistake?

Not that im complaining ;), just curious.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Some courses hand out good results like there's no tomorrow. Sometimes just having an indepth wikipedia knowledge of a subject will get you a 2:1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

there could also be weighting of subjects.. Which could mean an easier one counts more towards the final result..

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I was the same when I got mine. Shocked. Was doing a diploma course, and I got a distinction, so does that mean I got a first?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Subjects are also often marked on a curve. If the class as a whole does badly in the exam, then people are brought up so less fail, this may have pushed you up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

My mate got someone elses results last year..it can happen..

• Advertisement
Advertisement