Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a hard drive for a fostex d160

Options
  • 06-06-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

hey guys, i was given a fostex d160 for free a few years back, but as i had no use for it, it lay in storage. well now i do have a use for it, and am going to hook it up to an o2r to record some band rehearsals. however it has no hard drive. a bit of online research reveals that without a software/eeprom change the max size drive it can handle is 30gb. now ide drives that small are tricky to get nowadays.....and the sw/eeprom change will also be tricky as i dont think fostex support this recorder anymore.

so if anyone has either 10 20 or 30 gig ide drives they dont want i'll take em for a few quid. i'm not recording albums, just rehearsals so we can get working demos of the tunes

or if anyone has/had a d160 and has gone through what i'm going through feel free to offer any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

3.5inch i believe, you can use 2.5 but then you need to buy a drive bay adaptor of some type.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Echoplex

Brilliant Machine. Drive Nightmare. They are very fussy about drives.
    More than fussy, it was really down to one drive.
    Quantum FireBall, small size only. I can't remember what the max size was.
    SCV London should be able to help you with the EPROM bit, they used to be able to burn them. They might have a drive or two. I will take a look when I get back to my studio next week. A know a couple of guys with these machines. Probably worth buying the whole thing off them , including a couple of drives.
    DD

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

comin in a bit late on this one i know!!!
    but i have an old quantum fireball drive that i used to record an album on with a D160 about 10 years ago
    if i could get the files off the drive to remix them in protools id give it to ya

Advertisement