Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Business??

Options
  • 06-06-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

any ideas what could come up? im desperate at this stage.....so anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Break Even Chart, I heard might come up.

Your best option is to learn Units 2,3,4 really well, because they'll come up in the ABQ, and at least 1 long question, as well as a couple of short qs I'm sure.

So it's possible to almost pass the exam if you know those really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Anything can really come up ! For the ABQ concentrate on characteristics of entrepreneur, management activites and skills as well as functions of human resource manager also stategies to deal with change process (TQM/Empowerment etc) ! Also my teacher tipped a report to come up as part of ABQ so look over the format of that!
    For question 1 on the long questions consumer info act 1978 is tipped to come!
    Anything can come up for the question on E.U!
    ratios tipped to come up this year , worth looking over the break even chart aswel !
    Marekting can also be a nice question to do (look at the product life cycle diagram, tipped to come up);)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Break Even Chart, I heard might come up.
    I've heard the Break even Chart might come up aswell so I'd say definetly take a look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I don't know if this helps but our teacher told us that these topics have a good chance of appearing:
    Law of Contract
    Economic Variables - Social responsibility, Environmental issues, etc.
    International trade, EU, etc.
    Maslow/McGregor
    Changing role of managers e.g. ICT
    Ratios/Break Even
    Marketing mix, etc.
    Types of business Organisation.
    hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

The best thing to do is not panic. Remember, Business is one of the best papers for choice (Its marked quite stringently, however.)

This applies in all areas except ABQ, so study Units 2,3,4 a lot no matter what else you look at!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

madlad88 wrote: »
    Anything can really come up ! For the ABQ concentrate on characteristics of entrepreneur, management activites and skills as well as functions of human resource manager also stategies to deal with change process (TQM/Empowerment etc) ! Also my teacher tipped a report to come up as part of ABQ so look over the format of that!
    For question 1 on the long questions consumer info act 1978 is tipped to come!
    Anything can come up for the question on E.U!
    ratios tipped to come up this year , worth looking over the break even chart aswel !
    Marekting can also be a nice question to do (look at the product life cycle diagram, tipped to come up);)

thank u!

Oh...I'd love it if ratios came up as a long question! I do accounting, and they're so easy in business. :D

Also, a report coming up in the ABQ would be tricky enough. But I'd say the question itself would be easy enough, as they'd be giving marks for getting the layout right too.

ratios did come up last year in a long question..still a chance they come again year after ye?

Maybe. But it'd be more likely as a short Q I'd say.
    I'd prefer it as a long one.

I hope either BEC, Ratios, Tax calculations or any other thing like that comes up as a long question.
    Or an agenda + minutes or something.

yeah same.........nice easy stuff to come up i hope ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Is anyone else leaving out unit 7? Hate all that EU crap. I also haven't studied unit 6 at all yet, but I think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

Ya can leave out unit 7 and still get an a1, don't expect to much great choice in the short questions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Good, cuz I'd like an A1 :p
    I'll probably do all the short questions anyway, though. I might remember a few things even if I don't study. And I can just kind of "make up" stuff. I do that a lot in business and I seem to do ok :pac:

I'm going over all the units, but frankly I think Unit 7 is easier than 6.
    The same questions come up pretty often.
    "What are the benfits of international trade/global business/etc"

But I'll learn everything and see what choices I get on the day.
    I'm most worried about the ABQ to be honest.
    I know my stuff, I just find it hard sometimes to relate it to the passage!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    I'm going over all the units, but frankly I think Unit 7 is easier than 6.
    The same questions come up pretty often.
    "What are the benfits of international trade/global business/etc"

But I'll learn everything and see what choices I get on the day.
    I'm most worried about the ABQ to be honest.
    I know my stuff, I just find it hard sometimes to relate it to the passage!

Don't become obsessed with the link. Usually the least amount of marks are for relating it to the passage. If you are having difficultly relating it, skip a few lines and carry on with the paper. Come back to it in the end. ABQ can effect the rest of your exam if you spend too much time thinking about stuff that you may not even get that many marks for.
    Best of luck :)

Cheers man.
    So, for example: if I name the skill/characteristic, and define it, I'll get like 3 out of the 5 marks or something, is it?

I got 89% in the pres, but that was pretty much a 'perfect' paper.
    Hoping most of the same stuff comes up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Beccaaa

Supposedly if your really stuck, my grinds teacher said look over the 200 and 2005 papers, as business is repetitive and has a five year turnover, and both papers are quite similar =]
    And of course know units 2,3, and 4 inside out xD

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

One important tip that I wanted to pass on which is especially important for business: IT IS NEVER TOO LATE

All this business jargon goes into your short term memory so scan over things the night before and even the morning of it and it will work.

Business should be one of the subjects that you get an A in so make sure you do!

Oh and good luck

Advertisement