Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle mouse wont scroll

Options
  • 06-06-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I've got a problem with my mx518 and it not wanting to scroll up/down when keeping the middle mouse button pressed.

I've just re-ghost xp because I was having some problems but this didn't solve it.

In the Setpoint settings Button 3 is set to auto scroll but nothing happens, universal scroll works but I don't like it.

I thought it might be a firefox problem but it won't scroll in explorer either.

Just to clarify, pushing the middle button does nothing, rolling the middle button scrolles up/down as it should.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have you tried the mouse on a different PC?
    Have you tried removing the logitech software and reinstalled....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'll try it on a laptop later when my flatmate gets back.

As for the software, it's a fresh windows install ghosted a couple of hrs ago. I might try download up to date drivers in a bit.

New drivers made no difference. Not yet been able to try it on another pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

jozi wrote: »

As for the software, it's a fresh windows install ghosted a couple of hrs ago. I might try download up to date drivers in a bit.

I presume that it worked before the re-build?
    did you do a backup of windows before you ghosted?
    did you test the ghost image before you wiped your original install?

If it worked before the rebuild, it must be a setting in the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

You need to download the set point software and set up your mouse wheel settings there

http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/428/4259?section=downloads&bit=&osid=1

• Advertisement

Big Lar wrote: »
    You need to download the set point software and set up your mouse wheel settings there

http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/428/4259?section=downloads&bit=&osid=1

I did, makes no difference, unfortunately.

Tried the mouse on a laptop, no drivers installed, worked fine so the scroller wheel on the mouse functions as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Go to your device manager

Control Panel > System > Device Manager

Uninstall your mouse(s) there and restart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You could also go to Control Panel | Mouse | Wheel and see what the settings are there.

Advertisement