Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-activating account.

Options
  • 06-06-2010 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hello sirs,

I haven't played in a year. I'm attempting to re-activate my account, but it's now using the battle.net system which I've never used before. If I try to add a game, it says that the game has already been activated, or something to that effect.

I've tried the password recovery process, but it isn't recognizing my e-mail. I can't remember what e-mail I originally signed up with - It was when WoW first came out. I look at their support site, but there are no contact numbers for Ireland so I've no means of contacting them.

Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Possibly taken over by gold sellers or sumfin?? They redo the email to their own and link a authenticator to it i think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I dunno - the characters aren't showing the full profiles in the armory, indicating that they haven't been used in a long time. I've e-mailed support asking them to sort it. Will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

dlofnep wrote: »
    If I try to add a game, it says that the game has already been activated,

means it's been added to a battle.net account already, which can only be done by knowing the password.

I don't remember signing up for a battle.net account.. Although it's been a year since I've played. I quit for 4th year in college. How long has battle.net been up? I've the memory of a fish.

Hm, it appears that battle.net wbecame mandatory only in November of last year - which means I definately didn't sign up for an account, as I quit around last October.

Here is the exact error I get when I enter my game-key from my original WoW box:
    The authentication key you entered has already been claimed.

Each authentication key can only be redeemed once. Please refer to your games section of the home page to review the keys attached to this Battle.net account. If you're sure you have not previously claimed this key, please double-check the spelling and enter it now.

Nobody had access to my key off my box, and it's highly doubtful anyone brute-forced my wow password as it was 14 characters long. This is fairly strange. I'll wait and see what Blizzard say. I had to e-mail them on a scan of my passport.

• Advertisement

What way are you trying to attach the account?

Are you using "Merge a World of Warcraft® Account" ?

I tried to add it through "Add Game" - to which I got the above error. When I tried to use the Merge option, it wasn't recognizing my account details.

Customer Support got back to me and merged the account for me. Happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Sorry for reviving the thread but i'm thinking about giving wow another go over the summer and was just wondering if someone could send me a res scroll? Do i just need to give someone my e-mail and they can send it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Joneser wrote: »
    Sorry for reviving the thread but i'm thinking about giving wow another go over the summer and was just wondering if someone could send me a res scroll? Do i just need to give someone my e-mail and they can send it to me?

Pm me and i'll send you it now, need an email for ya.

• Advertisement

God, I spent the best part of an hour cashing in 100's of marks of honor. Free honor though, yay :D

ye man its some pain to do it ha, Scroll sent pal!

dlofnep wrote: »
    God, I spent the best part of an hour cashing in 100's of marks of honor. Free honor though, yay :D

Aye, still have a fwe alts to do. PITA to say the least.

There is a few macros that use and buy a commendation at the same time with the vendor window open. saved a bit of time but so noisey. Ctrl+s, yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

res scrolls only working on "classic" wow accounts = stupid.

Joneser wrote: »
    res scrolls only working on "classic" wow accounts = stupid.

very :rolleyes:

jabberwock wrote: »
    Aye, still have a fwe alts to do. PITA to say the least.

There is a few macros that use and buy a commendation at the same time with the vendor window open. saved a bit of time but so noisey. Ctrl+s, yes please.

Haha, I have them all done now :D Not to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,674 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Would it have been something the hackers got the name and pass for in the boards.ie attack maybe?

Nah, completely different username & password. It's seriously doubtful that they were got due to the complexity of my password. Probably just a server error with the merging I'd imagine.

Advertisement