Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIRC festival-are you going?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 3:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If so, what will you be competing in?Not riding myself, but a friend is taking my horse in AP showjumping and dressage. Hope it's a dry weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm going, and I'm riding. We're really going for the outing cos we're very much not ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

I'll be there on the Sunday :) Similar to fits, definitely just going for the day out!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Might head down on one of the days to have a look and see what it's like. I've never been before (not a riding club member... yet!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Worth a look alright, Convert. Lots to see.

Hoping today's weather will not be repeated over the weekend. I have to be in Tralee for 8.30a.m. on Sunday, so am hoping to be dry and on the road by 7p.m. on the Saturday.
    Time to root out the child of Prague. Tip for anyone going, the little cafe Stradbally Fayre, just opposite the entrance to Stradbally hall, does lovely food.

Think I'm going to have to sort out studs for my boy if the weather's going to be like this. Ground can be very slippy there apparently.

I'm sort of regretting entering now... not sure if I'm cut out for this showing business at all.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to sort out studs for my boy if the weather's going to be like this. Ground can be very slippy there apparently.

The ground there was described as good to firm for the point-to-point on 23 May, so depending on how much rain we have, it might be a good idea. There isn't a huge covering of grass on the place, so I suppose it could be on the slippy side.

We arent the most balanced to begin with.

My horse is a youngster and we've only really begun proper work and showing. Its all about the day out right ?!

fits wrote: »
    My horse is a youngster and we've only really begun proper work and showing. Its all about the day out right ?!

Of course. You get to have your day out, and the youngster gets to learn all about showing and what it's like to have someone other than 'fits' sit up on him/her! If they've never had a stranger sit ride them before, the expression on their face could be hilarious! I remember the first time a judge sat up on my horse years ago - he had the funniest expression on his face and wasn't quite sure what he was meant to do!! :) He's still only had 3 'strangers' sit on him in all his 13 years!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Studs would be a good idea, we have had a lot of rain here the last few days and the ground is somewhat undulating in a number of arenas.

Convert,even funnier is to watch a judge's face if the horse tries to buck them off!!

Well it was a lovely day yesterday and I was quite pleased with my fellow. It was only our second show and first time competing at dressage or showing. He was a bit worked up in the show class but didnt do anything terrible.

Lovely day out and hopefully we'll have a better go at it next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Mackay

I was competing both days and I'm ecstatic with all my results.

Advertisement