Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike mechanics Dublin 15 area?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 3:07pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35

Hi.Im wondering does anyone know of any bike mechanics in the Blanch,castleknock,clonsilla areas?? Fed up bringing my bikes to bike shops and getting ripped off..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Blakestown Tyres. Not actually in Blakestown anymore. They are up in the Rosemount business park on the Ballycoolin road.

Take a right when entering Rosemount Business Park, and follow the long road around (curves to the left) until you come to a dead end. Take a left and then immediately right. They are on the right hand side and easy to see.

Good service, and really sound mechanics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

This might sound silly, but are you talking about bicycles or motorcycles?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Its bicycles..Racing and hybrid bikes..not the motor version! sorry for the ambiguoity:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

There is a new bike shop in Mulhuddart if that is any use.

I am looking for a good bike mechanic too.....major problems with Halfords (but yet they are the only place I can push my bike to them)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

the bike shop in mulhuddart is good. very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

kitser wrote: »
    the bike shop in mulhuddart is good. very cheap
    Might check them out over the weekend.

Do they sell accesories like pannier bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Not 100% on this, but I think 53 Degrees North in the Centre do repairs - their bike stuff is basically an outlet of Cycleways.

I found the Mulhuddart shop fairly basic, fine for kids' stuff but not many decent bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...I found the Mulhuddart shop fairly basic, fine for kids' stuff but not many decent bikes.

Same here. didn't think much of it either. Ok for very basic stuff.

I think you have to travel out of D.15 for a bike service, decent or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

BostonB wrote: »
    Same here. didn't think much of it either. Ok for very basic stuff.

I think you have to travel out of D.15 for a bike service, decent or not.

Checked this on Saturday, 53 Degrees North will do repairs - they have a nice selection of Park Tool bits and a repair station on their bike floor. They have posters up for the service as well, so it looks like they'll repair any bike (not just the ones they sell).

No idea how good they are for servicing, but I've found the staff very good in general. Might be a good local option (finally).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd agree the staff in there seem sound and helpful. I noticed the tools etc on bike area. I thought they were just prepping new bikes. Good to know.

Very small selection of bike stuff, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement