Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History?

Options
  • 06-06-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hey has anyone got any tips for the art history and appreciation?

So far for the european i'm going over Bosch, because he hasn't come up in ages, and Caravaggio because its the 200 year anniversary of his death....
    Anyone got any other suggestions? T'would be greatly appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

hey has anyone got any tips for the art history and appreciation?

So far for the european i'm going over Bosch, because he hasn't come up in ages, and Caravaggio because its the 200 year anniversary of his death....
    Anyone got any other suggestions? T'would be greatly appreciated! :D

Newgrange (up every second year & due this year)
    Romanesque
    Gallery Question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

_Chaos wrote: »
    Newgrange (up every second year & due this year)
    Romanesque
    Gallery Question :)
    yeah defo newgrange! and if Romanesque comes up I'm sorted!:)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

newgrange, bronze age and manuscripts
    matisse and monet and degas
    public sculpture

any people doing the gallery visit dont do floor plans etc of the gallery..my eacher said they hate that!!

cool i hate floor plans i never do them! it always felt like a waste a space and time!:)

btw anyone ever thought that the swirls and amazing pattern on newgrange was not from religious belief or astronomy......but just based solely on the fact they thought it was 'COOL'!
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

yeah, it'd be hilarious if it were true and we're here being forced to wtite essays on it :P

well they want your ideas!:D god id just love to use 'cool' , 'retro' or 'sexy' to describe some the stuff in art History!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Melena wrote: »
    yeah defo newgrange! and if Romanesque comes up I'm sorted!:)
    :)

if I study newgrange only... Am I safe? For Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

fufureida wrote: »
    if I study newgrange only... Am I safe? For Irish?

No, because it could come up a newgrange And bronze age question so study all three - they shouldn't take that long, just do one stone work from each age and two metal works from each and do stone age in detail because what happens if on the day it does come up but has that tacked on - you'd lose a load of marks so study them all just give more attention to newgrange

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Hi!
    I've got very little time so what should I study for the european section?
    Impressionists is a too big section T_T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MagsK93

My art teacher did very little with us basically threw pages at us! but for european section we did van gogh-post impressionism,picasso-cubism,dali-surrealism and john heartfield dadaism

Lol same with our teacher...

I'm ok with the appreciation section (hopefully) and I'm hoping in section 2 a question will come up asking for a painting depicting water (so I can do it on Ophelia) but I'm screwed for the irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

our teacher said newgrange is almost a certainty this year, other that im learning the manuscripts, :)

Thanks!
    Ah newgrange, what would you revise for that?
    Would you have to know another example to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

yeah like u could just mention its satellites knowth and dowth... mention the importance of the entrance stone, kerb stone... corbelled roof, drainae system...bla bla bla!! just the couple of points on it in the book! a fifth of the marks are for sketches!

Thank you!

Would anyone have sample essays they could post?
    I think I'll just learn off a Newgrange and Bronze Age essay...
    Is that safe?

Advertisement