Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GC exclusives

Options
  • 06-06-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Ok, for some reason, I've just got an obsession with the Gamecube. Dunno why, wasn't my first console, even of that generation, but some of the games that came out on it have dominated my gaming life. Really like the controller as well!? Look I can't explain it, just it's my favourite console!

I'm trying to assemble a decent collection of GC games, there's a few obvious ones which I'm working on at the minute. I was just wondering, what JAP and NTSC games should I get? Also how rare is the French ToS special edition GC? Or has anyone ever seen the GC keyboard controller and how hard are they to get?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Make sure you pick up Chibi Robo, it really is one of the best and most charming games on the GC. You are better off getting the US version since the PAL version might be tough to find.

If you got Baten Kaitos the prequel Baten Kaitos Origins only came out in the US. It's well worth getting both games, they start off slow but get very deep towards the end.

I can't think of any other exclusives that are worth the money though. I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem got a PAL release and it's worth picking up anyway.

Alien Hominid only got a US release on the Gamecube but to be honest the game isn't worth picking up because it's quite frankly a load of shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Fire Emblem got a PAL release. I'm hunting down a Skies of Arcadia copy soon (not an exclusive, but it's supposed to be a more comprehensive version); just preparing myself a bit, ya know. And I'd recommend Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd have to recommend against Metal Gear: Twin Snakes. The addition of first person aiming really ruins a lot of the boss fights and removes a lot of the challenge and the new cutscenes are beyond stupid:

Skies of Arcadia is well worth getting and much better than the already great DC version.

Advertisement