Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer sharing

Options
  • 06-06-2010 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to view this.

I have Eircom Broadband in my house which uses the wireless Netopia Router. I have a wireless Brother printer set up on this network around my house which allows me to print off from my laptop anywhere in the house. The main computer does not have wireless so it is connected into one on the ports on the router for the internet and prints to the printer through this method also.. Both my computer and my laptop are running 32bit XP.

I was looking for a way to be able to print on my wireless Brother Printer over the internet, allowing me to print from the office, meetings, friends house etc. I guess this is possible as it is all working fine on my home network through my internet router already.

I would be looking to get this set up so I could print from my own Windows XP laptop and another new Vista 32bit Laptop also..

Can anyone help me to set this up??

Regards :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Most simple i can think of is to use logmein which is free. You login to your computer at home with your browser and print off there. You wouldn't be able to print directly however so you'd either need to print to an image and send that over and print that? Or send the document itself over and print that.

You could set up a vpn but more than likely it'd be a bit of a nuisance to set up and your work computers are probably blocked for installing new software etc.

Advertisement