Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another spiral UFO, this time in Australia. What the heck is going on?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

It was the SpaceX Falcon 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I have a little difficulty with that explanation. The Falcon Rocket has been inserted successfully in orbit. According to Elon Musk “Nominal shutdown and orbit was almost exactly 250km. Telemetry showed essentially a bullseye: ~0.2% on perigee and ~1% on apogee.”

Second stage engine shutdown was at T+ 8:50.

But we’re being told that an hour later we’re looking at a rocket still firing and spinning wildly out of control?

It was the Russians testing a new rocket . Dam cant use that doesnt work , Australia is no were near Russia !

It was Tasmania launching a new Rocket !

The Falcon 9 flightpath is right over Brisbane. Coincidence? No.

Secondly, Flight took off 14:45 EDT which equates to 04:45 EST in Brisbane. So within 45 mins it as sighted. That's about right. Then, you take into account that it actually is launching a payload (the dragon prototype) you expect it do be ditching parts.

Also, engine shutdown did happen after 8 mins. That was just to get it to a certain height. It's still circling the globe :rolleyes:

We've had rocket technology for over 50 years now. It would help if we could see some examples of this spiral phenomenon from the past few decades. I've looked a bit on the interwebs but can't see any examples. Anyone got pics of spirals from further back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It was the Russians testing a new rocket . Dam cant use that doesnt work , Australia is no were near Russia !

It was Tasmania launching a new Rocket !

Or the Tasmanian Devil. He does like to spin about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

loldog wrote: »
    We've had rocket technology for over 50 years now. It would help if we could see some examples of this spiral phenomenon from the past few decades. I've looked a bit on the interwebs but can't see any examples. Anyone got pics of spirals from further back?

How's last year for you?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mysterious-ufo-spiral-in-norway-was-russian-rocket
    /story-e6frf7jo-1225809295640
    AN out-of-control Russian rocket has been blamed for sparking fears that a UFO had opened a wormhole in the skies above Norway.

Spectacular spirals of light were seen over the north of the country, prompting theories they were caused by a meteor, the northern lights or even aliens.

But now Russia has confirmed that its latest test-firing of a new intercontinental missile ended in failure - at the same time observers witnessed the early morning light show.

The submarine-launched missile was from the Dmitry Donskoi submarine in the White Sea early Wednesday, according to Russian newspapers.

Russian defence analyst Pavel Felgenhauer said the images seen over Norway were consistent with a missile failure.

"Such lights and clouds appear from time to time when a missile fails in the upper layers of the atmosphere and have been reported before," he said.

"At least this failed test made some nice fireworks for the Norwegians."

Mystery solved, then, right?

Nah that explanation isn't sexy enough for UFO enthusiasts

Dave! wrote: »
    How's last year for you?

I knew about that one. Notice I said "Another spiral UFO" in the post title....

I'd like to know how commonly this spiral phenomenon occurs. It must be quite common since we've had at least two in the space of a year...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A better question to ask is if there any examples before rocket technology?

A better question to ask is if there any examples before rocket technology?

Well we're being told rockets commonly do this so I'd like to see more examples going back a few decades.

• Advertisement

As stages of rockets are disposed off they fall to earth and burn in a spiral pattern. I've just showed you a rocket that was in the specific area at that time and you still don't accept it? Case closed.

aphex™ wrote: »
    As stages of rockets are disposed off they fall to earth and burn in a spiral pattern. I've just showed you a rocket that was in the specific area at that time and you still don't accept it? Case closed.

I'd like to see some earlier examples, it's not a question of some guy on the internet "accepting" this or not.

I knew about that one. Notice I said "Another spiral UFO" in the post title....

I'd like to know how commonly this spiral phenomenon occurs. It must be quite common since we've had at least two in the space of a year...:confused:

Why do you need more examples? I just gave you a previous example, so you know that it's possible, right? And there was a rocket launch that went awry around the same time as these sightings.

So why is it so hard to believe?

Less hard to believe than --say-- an alien spacecraft (as I'm sure you're trying your hardest not to blurt out)?

Dave! wrote: »
    Why do you need more examples?

I'm just asking if people have older examples of the same phenomenon. Why do you need to ask me why?

Just seems as though you're going out of your way to avoid accepting the rocket explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

if it was indeed the spiral trail left by rocket fuel or smoke, that trail would not 'continue' spiralling as evident in the video, it would remain static and disipate.. as evident when viewing vapour trails from aircraft, no? the rocket explanation doesnt seem to add up.. why there is no evidence it ever happened before is a valid question imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Cool! Maybe someone above flushed? Run for your lives! Something is coming our way!

dyer wrote: »
    if it was indeed the spiral trail left by rocket fuel or smoke, that trail would not 'continue' spiralling as evident in the video, it would remain static and disipate.. as evident when viewing vapour trails from aircraft, no? the rocket explanation doesnt seem to add up.. why there is no evidence it ever happened before is a valid question imo.
    It wasn't just a trail, the rocket was spinning too

And I posted an example of it happening before -- LAST YEAR!

Ridiculous

watch the video, the trail itself is spinning!

It's not really, it just appears to be because it's fading away while more smoke and sh!t is coming out of the rocket

BTW here's a missile failing in a similar way:
    spiral.jpg

See that happening in the sky in the middle of the night and you'll have dozens of people swearing that it's a spaceship, the government is creating stories again, you actually saw an alien stick its head out the window and say hello, etc etc etc

• Advertisement

it seems plausible i just dont understand why people are only seeing them now and never before in all the history of previous rocket launches?

a quick bit of detective work revealed a few more instances of this occuring over the last year..

a day after the norweigan one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IFLH8GzQh4

another in china, dec 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLE3iuszbU

another in south africa in 2009
    http://saufor.com/2009/10/latest-mass-ufo-sighting-in-south-africa/
    photos: http://www.africanphotographyblog.com/astrophotography-astronomy/ufo-spotted-johannesburg-south-africa-centaur-rocket-military-satellite-fuel-dumping/

Advertisement