Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Fishing in County Cork.

Options
  • 05-06-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for some info about fly fishing in and around Rathcormac ie where to get permits and where to fish . Local people i know are not into fishing and dont know. Regards Maplin40

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Have you looked here yet?
    http://www.swrfb.com/
    Lots of info on that area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Maplin
    I had a permit for the local river (the Bride) a couple of years ago - some lovely stretches of water on it. I can't remember where I got it though. I'll have a look in Peter O'Reilly's book - River's of Ireland - he lists contact numbers for the local club.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maplin40

Hi ive checked out the river Bride at the weekend fishing permit available at Dooleys Shop in the Village. River looks very Weedy and water level low with lots of trout will fish it next time Iam in Cork Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Looks like a nice river. Anyone fly fished it recently?

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The brother fishes that river a lot. It can produce nice trout on the evening rise. Its a lovely river to wander down along and try different stretches and pools. Its miles upon miles of nice water. It was largely unfishable in the last few weeks because of the floods.

Cheers SeaFields.

It does indeed look like a beautiful river. Must definitely give it a go sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

There are several clubs on it in various stretches and they are fairly accommodating to new members. Its fly only I think. I used to be in the club around rathcormac but didnt fish it enough to warrant joining every year. Good seatrout fishing in the lower stretches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Are permits still available in that shop lads?How much do they cost if so?I stopped to look at that river when i was passing by the other day,looks lovely.

Advertisement