Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos in cork?

Options
  • 05-06-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Where in cork does passport photos? Is there anywhere that does it with a camera cos i can never work those machines. It's for a drivers licence. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

i think most sam mccauleys will do it,also in merchants quay at the end of the escalator theres a camera shop who will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

There's a photographer's shop just near the GPO off of Oliver Plunkett Street that does passport photos. I can't remember the name of the place, but the shop front is yellow and black. If you're standing facing the GPO with your back to Winthrop Street, there's a street to the left (Pembroke Street, IIRC?). That's where the photographer's shop is. They make passport photos for all passport types, i.e. Irish, American, EU etc. They're quick and reliable, but pricier than the machine-type photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I use the pharmacy on the Grand Parade for those - they'll use a camera and let you see the shot to make sure you're happy before they print it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

There's a photographer's shop just near the GPO off of Oliver Plunkett Street that does passport photos. I can't remember the name of the place, but the shop front is yellow and black. If you're standing facing the GPO with your back to Winthrop Street, there's a street to the left (Pembroke Street, IIRC?). That's where the photographer's shop is. They make passport photos for all passport types, i.e. Irish, American, EU etc. They're quick and reliable, but pricier than the machine-type photos.

Wouldn't be bothered going to Barry's, you'll get some wet behind the ears apprentice that doesn't know their arse from the their elbow most of the time and an attitude from the wan behind the desk who thinks she is so great she can look down her nose at you. Laughable.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I got one done last month in the Chemist on Pana by Merchants Quay entrance. They seemed well versed in doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Got em in a fugi film place on oliver plunkett st. Cost €10 for 4 photos which seemed a bit much but it's done now i gess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vulche

Wouldn't be bothered going to Barry's, you'll get some wet behind the ears apprentice that doesn't know their arse from the their elbow most of the time and an attitude from the wan behind the desk who thinks she is so great she can look down her nose at you. Laughable.

MC
    Got done at Barry's. 20 euro for 4 passport photos... AVOID BARRY'S

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hehwho12

Just got some done today in a newish place in town. The bigger picture, 70 North Main Street. The guy said they have a few other branches but this one just opened in May 2017. So for 4 American Visa size photos and also emailed to me cost a total of €7.50. I was really happy with the photos and the services.

I had rang Barrys photographic services before I found this crowd online. Barrys quoted me €20 for photos and €5 to email. €25 all in. Over 3 times more expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Pharmacy accross from CUMH do them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

phi3 wrote: »
    Where in cork does passport photos? Is there anywhere that does it with a camera cos i can never work those machines. It's for a drivers licence. Thanks

Don't they take the picture themselves at the NDLS offices for driving licenses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mordeith wrote: »
    Don't they take the picture themselves at the NDLS offices for driving licenses?

Check the date of the OP - 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Check the date of the OP - 2010.

Doh!
    Who the hell is dragging open a thread that old? (that's my effort to distract from my own ineptitude)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm ashamed too

Advertisement