Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

life dragging down

Options
  • 05-06-2010 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

di anyone ever feel life was dragging them down and they were just sick of it
    lately ive lost my job and myon off girlfriend for the last two yrs and have just lost all interest in everything
    so far as i dont go outta the house for days on end dont get up outta bed in fact im lying on the bed here the last few hrs now and cant sleep
    im also not eating right or healthy usual one small meal a day sometimes i dont even eat
    ive great friends around me and there forever trying to get me out and get me motivated etc but i just have no interest i just want to be left alone or if i go i might as well not be there as im **** company the old sparkle in me is gone
    id really love to talk to my ex but she dont return my calls or my texts or my letters and every day a piece of me just seems to die off more slowly i know i hurt her badly and its killing me
    i know people r gonna say just get back out there or visit a doctor etc etc but i just cant i think ive lost the will to live and cant help myself out of tis miss im in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

Please try to go out, if even once every two weeks. Your friends should understand that you're not feeeling that great and will attempt to perk your mood up. They care, which is why they ask you to join them out.

Regarding your 'on off' girlfriend, perhaps it is better in the long term that she seems to have vanished. why? - because who wants an 'on off' relationship when they grow older? I get the feeling that you're a bit like me, in that you're now thinking about settling down. So, maybe love will have to lie somewhere else.

I should also tell you to be open and honest about your fears for the future - Don't hide them. I know that you're worried and scared - and to be honest anyone in your position would be - so don't feel left-out. People will understand.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Kevster wrote: »
    Hi,

Please try to go out, if even once every two weeks. Your friends should understand that you're not feeeling that great and will attempt to perk your mood up. They care, which is why they ask you to join them out.

Regarding your 'on off' girlfriend, perhaps it is better in the long term that she seems to have vanished. why? - because who wants an 'on off' relationship when they grow older? I get the feeling that you're a bit like me, in that you're now thinking about settling down. So, maybe love will have to lie somewhere else.

I should also tell you to be open and honest about your fears for the future - Don't hide them. I know that you're worried and scared - and to be honest anyone in your position would be - so don't feel left-out. People will understand.

Kevin
    i was out all last weekend was bored amd depressed just wanted to get outta there just no interest in being there they rang me all tis weekend i just ignored calls just wanted a be left alone lay in the bed last two days since fri
    as for her being on off she was best thing ever she loved me and i didnt return it at times i was pure bastard tats wat kills me i was just afraid to settle as was hurt in past and was afraid
    i dont want anyone else to under stand just donna i love her but its to late i think and i cant go on wit out her best two yrs off my life and ive blew it theres nothing to life anymore after tis:(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I could be wrong but your bad feelings seem to stem from the relationship gone wrong and loosing your job just compounded matters. If you feel that you hurt this girl then maybe you need to realise that she doesn't want you in her life and for her sake you need to respect that. What you should do is write in one letter how sorry you are, that you treated her badly and you'll now learn from your mistakes and send it to her. Tell her you would like to remain in contact but don't expect a favourable reply or any reply for that matter. Leave it at that with her and have no more contact unless she initiates it. Then work at moving on and learning from that relationship. Part of that moving on will involve having to get out more often, even if you don't want to. Don't spend all this time hidden away in your room.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I could be wrong but your bad feelings seem to stem from the relationship gone wrong and loosing your job just compounded matters. If you feel that you hurt this girl then maybe you need to realise that she doesn't want you in her life and for her sake you need to respect that. What you should do is write in one letter how sorry you are, that you treated her badly and you'll now learn from your mistakes and send it to her. Tell her you would like to remain in contact but don't expect a favourable reply or any reply for that matter. Leave it at that with her and have no more contact unless she initiates it. Then work at moving on and learning from that relationship. Part of that moving on will involve having to get out more often, even if you don't want to. Don't spend all this time hidden away in your room.

alot of them r due to tis relationship gone wrong i lost my job near enough to it and one other matter woundn work sundays should a been glad of job in tis time and age but still wont work sundays
    i cant bring myself to write her a letter or a text or call anymore a be honest the rejection of no reply will just drive me more miserable and deeper into myself the rejection is wats driving me depressed if she just replied and abused or gave out to me id be perkier
    i called into her couple of weeks ago in work and she went mad at me i came home and pulled a bird tat nite and did business but afterwards i felt twice as bad and twice as worst
    to be honest id love a kill myself but am a coward and afraid of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I think you could do with talking to someone about this. If you feel up for it you should speak to your gp. If you don't feel ready for that then perhaps consider calling the samaritans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EnglishPollop

Yes, you do need to talk to someone.

Call SOSAD - they're based in Drogheda, Co Louth and the guy that runs it (Peter) is great at having a chat and listening.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi op, sorry you are feeling like this, please talk to someone, I've been trying to piece together my life recently and don't think I would have been able to get through it without the help and support of others:)Good luck!:)

Advertisement