Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB 3C MARK II refit the back actor, help needed

Options
  • 05-06-2010 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have a JCB 3C MARK II model digger, which I need to refit the back actor, has anybody any ideas what the best way to go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

your best bet would be to use a another digger to lift the arm in to place, or a forklift, as doing it with her own rams, might pull all the pipes off the arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

In a parallel universe I thought I had already posted on this, but here goes again. I had a 3c and used to take the actor off a lot to get into a low shed I used to clean out for a fella. How I used to put it back on was to drop it onto a stack of sleepers-you can lift it onto a timber block with the front loader-so that it is about 4-5" higher than the pin holes on the digger. reverse up to it, and use the slew and jacks to manouever the two pieces into alignment-put in the bottom pin and reconnet the hydraulic pipes. Extend the ram and use a block of timber and a bar to line the ram hole up with the upper pin holes, and fire in the pin-job done.

Advertisement