Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

think im in depression

Options
  • 05-06-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

im 17 nd in school im popular enough but not friends with any of them outside school and im friends with nobody in my estate anymore. now im facing another summer of me being on my own and i dont think i can face it. what can i do? i'm really sick of it, why is it so hard for me to form any close blonds? how can i be popular but have so few real friends? i'm nice have interests and imo make a good friend but still people don't see me this way. liked by all but not liked by any1 enough to want to be mates :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i think it's a lot more common than you realise -having a bunch of friends, yet nobody to really hang out with often. and i'd bet some of your 'friends' feel the same way themselves. it's tough alright, and it's crap to feel like that coming up to summer.
    only real way around it is to make plans and arrange things i think. just straight up ask people to something. [directly, not a mass invitation]. get in the habit of asking someone to go to the cinema, or someone else to come over for dinner, or go out or whatever.
    the other thing you can do is take up new things, hobbies/sports/classes. or volunteer in something.
    the worst thing to do is just spend the summer wishing things would happen and ending up doing nothing and sulking. you have to just put the effort in and make things happen yourself. [i could do with taking a bit of my own advice :P ]

Advertisement