Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of counselling

Options
  • 05-06-2010 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hi,

i really want to get some counselling but am unemployed and strapped for cash. anyone know how much a typical local counseller costs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

About 50-80 Euro, however subsidised Counselling is available through the HSE for in my case 15Euro, you may require a referral from your G.P. Also support is available through www.grow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi op,

I went for a consultation and it cost 65 euro, 60 from then on. I find it really helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

There are plenty of free counselling places available too that chare nothing, or ask for a small contribution of like a tenner if you're unemployed. Aware, Target, Samaritans, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

HSE provides free counselling through the psychiatric services. Get a referral from your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

many community development programmes and family resource centres offer counselling for approx €10 per session. Invaluable service to communities and you don't have to live in the area to avail...Good luck!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sin-blu

thanks for the advice guys

Advertisement