Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer work wanted ....were to start

Options
  • 04-06-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey guys .

back a few months ago i went around all the silage contractors in my area (midlands) i was told by most them that they had full team or that they had lads from last year comeing back .one lad told me that he definitaly had work and kept this up i have done one day with him and he said hed call back when he started again but no phone call and when i rang him he said he dident start .even thou i seen him passing by with full fleat on road .where is best to start looking at tis late stage .or what contractors are in midlands area .

bk1991

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Are you sure he had the whole outfit out? For some of the smaller jobs the lads round here would only say bring 2 trailers instead of 4 or 5! Jus tkeep ringin around!I know lads round here who were actually supposed to be at silage but got on the board!You might be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

pajero12 wrote: »
    Are you sure he had the whole outfit out? For some of the smaller jobs the lads round here would only say bring 2 trailers instead of 4 or 5! Jus tkeep ringin around!I know lads round here who were actually supposed to be at silage but got on the board!You might be lucky!

he had everything out......... i have ried ringing him afew times but get same ''ring me tomorrow'' and same again .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Thats why u dont ring anyone you go to the yard and talk to them. Its easier to tell if u are being messed around.
    If you know anyone that is drivig for him they know whats going on.

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Thats why u dont ring anyone you go to the yard and talk to them. Its easier to tell if u are being messed around.
    If you know anyone that is drivig for him they know whats going on.

i have been calling to this lad's yard since feb and he kept saying he had work . i think he took on new set lads this year and also had the lads from last year . why he cant say yes or know i dont know all the other guys have came straight out n said it .

bk1991

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Same thing happened me I was ment to have a job but he started and i didnt hear anything .the killing part was i was there the year before and he hired new lads instead of some of the people that were there year before

• Advertisement

Any luck with the work ?

pajero12 wrote: »
    Any luck with the work ?

not yet but something commeing up ..:D:D .hopefully theese wont bull****e me for few months .

Ye i Know well,The should just say yes or no from the start

Advertisement