Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grazing after spraying rushes

Options
  • 04-06-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

How long before i can let cattle in to graze a field after i have sprayed rushes in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

read the label on the spray. It could be 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

used two types of sprays today and neither had the withdrawl on them, so its not as easy as read the label, cattle had just finished grazing these paddocks so i'm just assuming the spray will be well gone before they come to them again

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭PANADOL

F.D wrote: »
    used two types of sprays today and neither had the withdrawl on them, so its not as easy as read the label, cattle had just finished grazing these paddocks so i'm just assuming the spray will be well gone before they come to them again
    people around me spray rushes with cattle in the field they never take cattle out of the field , strange behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭nilhg

The biggest danger is probably not from the actual spray but from dying weeds, especially ragwort, it gets sweeter as it dies and stock can eat it. I have personal experience of stock dying after I sprayed a field for a neighbour, he let them back in after a few days and one died, when he went to try to claim off his supplier he was told he should have kept them off for three weeks.

I've often spot sprayed for thistles with the stock still in the field, with no obvious harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

leave for 3 weeks before grazing if any ragworth in it

• Advertisement
Advertisement