Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So now it's over . . .was it worth it?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Now that transition year is over, do you think it was worth doing?

I enjoyed it myself, as our school did a good job of it. Opinions?

Was Ty worth doing??? 27 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    callaway92Keano!Kbeg3iguymle1324coldwood92Nicole.thetonynatorthebillynatorjohnmcdnlGrindylowDeirdre5xilovejedwardxpaddycamaimerlansRMLmousi_Bella_lami16River Song 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You will regret it when your mates who didn't do TY finish school and are off having great craic in University, while you are stuck in 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

NO!!!! There is not one part of TY that merited wasting an entire year of my life. Roll on 5th year and then its only one more year till I can get out of the ****hole known as second level education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

No
    MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    You will regret it when your mates who didn't do TY finish school and are off having great craic in University, while you are stuck in 6th year.

Only 1 person in my whole year skipped . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

NO!!!! There is not one part of TY that merited wasting an entire year of my life. Roll on 5th year and then its only one more year till I can get out of the ****hole known as second level education.

Too right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

No
    Im between two minds...I feel like I've wasted away academiaclly really - especially in Irish and French, and my spelling has gotten bad :(

I do think it was worthwhile in other ways though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

No
    Yes I loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

No
    Going by the poll results . . ,most of the people who liked it didn't post about it and all the people that didn't like it, posted about it . . .:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 helpmeout1

No
    i thought it was good......no 1 person in my year skipped :O
    The only good thing my school organised for 4th years was da skiing trip:D
    And i have matured this year and im motivated now and i know what i want to do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

No
    yes it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

No
    Best year of my life without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

It's really unlikely that everyone goes to the same university. Your real friends will keep in touch with you if they go on- if they don't they weren't bothered about you in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

wayhey wrote: »
    It's really unlikely that everyone goes to the same university. Your real friends will keep in touch with you if they go on- if they don't they weren't bothered about you in the first place.
    No, you dont follow, I am doing my LC at the min, and this time last year loads of my mates were(only 24 people in my year did TY out of over 150) and 6th year has sucked a lot, when you see all your mates having parties and stuff, missing out on these because of having to study for the LC, being free from school. If all your year does TY then thats cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

No
    absolutely amazin year!! made loads of frends i didnt even no were in the school!! skiing trip was brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

No
    :):pac::pac::pac: It was defintely worth it...it was amazing....I just look back at the year and laugh :L We got into so many funny situations throughout the year and lunch times were awesome with the 5th years who we're friends with panicing about tests/homework etc and us trying not to laugh as we skipped around the place :L

.....oh no....I'm a 5th year myself now........:eek:

At the start everything was so new and a luxary e.g. community care (getting to wear own on clothes that day and getting nearly 2 hrs off school.) Most of my community care placements were awesome I just didn't like going to the community hospital...the day part where they bake was grand though xD

The actual school part I have to say was pretty boring...I got fairly thick sometimes because we just had to sit down and listen to the teachers; we thought it would be different as they talk all about this different kind of learning, I thought it would count for school stuff too but no it was the same kinda thing...just sit down and pay attension even though they had nothing to teach us a lot of the time, some teachers had some work for us to do but it was usually sooooooooo boring:rolleyes: Some teachers were just too strict..I think they thought because we were T.Ys they needed to keep us on a leash so we didn't go wild:)

Y.S.I. was amazing though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Doing to project was often tedious but it was great on the showcase final day in Dublin.....I got into the blue room....so many mexican waves:):):)

We went to London as well right before the summer holidays and it was sooooooooooooooooo cool, I got to know people more in those few days than during the year tbh. :)

An Gaisce trip was pretty sweet too..climbing up the mountain....my shoes will never be the same again. :cool:

Work experience was great too, gave me an idea of what I'll like to do in the future.

If I was asked would I do it all again I'd say yes please! It was absolutely unreal, I've gotton so much closer to my friends, got more confident and all the free time after school was great too, stayed out town most days of the week. :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Oi Mary, you can't vote no, you haven't done it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I agree with Mary tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Ah but can't I? :(
    I watched TY'ers doing stuff in my school and it all looked so boring! I even sat a few classes with them... Didn't seem fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Nope, sorry. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

No
    M&S* wrote: »
    Ah but can't I? :(
    I watched TY'ers doing stuff in my school and it all looked so boring! I even sat a few classes with them... Didn't seem fun!

Yes- that's true. The classes at my school were boring too (after doing T.Y. last year)

It's all about the projects, activities, trips, socail life etc. Basically it gives you time to do the things you should probably have got involved in during previous years but didn't e.g. sports, An Gaisce, Green Schools,basically having a lot of fun.

The year is what you make it, don't go into it with a bad attitude if you're going to do it! Go in to have some fun, do a little school work and experience new things. :)

And they let us watch "Up" on our last day and during Science classe we got to put loads of blue stuff on our hands so we looked like smurfs!:)

Advertisement