Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely i need help/advice

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, well here is my situation, most of my friends have gone on a holiday for the entire summer. The will not be back till around the end of august atleast. The thing is they are only gone 2 weeks and I am lonely as hell. I have seriously nothing to do for the whole day. I am sleeping in late just to kill time during the day, eating and ordering take aways just simply because I am bored and It's horrible to complain I know but this nice weather has really not helped matters. I HAVE NEVER FELT AS LONELY IN MY LIFE

I work on the weekends and I have asked for more time but it simply isnt there for me, I have even started to go for a walk in the evenings that's how bad things are now. I have called on old friends but I get the impression that they simply arent intrested in meeting up so what do i do?

HELP..................

Has anyone got any advice or any suggestion atall? You don't know how much i'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,912 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If there is a youth club or any volunteery organisation in your area? if so join them that will kill time and you will be doing something good for the community also.

Read a book, kick or puck a ball around, Surf the web, go to the gym, write, draw, video games.

spent time with your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Look in the local swimming pool/community centre and see what's on...maybe sign up to do a course or join a club and meet new people? Learn a new skill or hobby? You say most of your friends, so there must be a few left at home like you, why don't you contact them?

If all else fails why not get some books you've always wanted to read and go to the park with a picnic and enjoy the lovely weather - and the peace you have to enjoy it? Some of us would give our right arm to have a summer like that! :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah I've been there m8. I tend to go through stages of this. Couple of months I'm booked up and have to say I cant go places with people ... then a few weeks later I've nothing on for months...

Anyway ... lying around, sleeping in, being lazy etc.... will drive you insane! Believe me.

Get up. Have a shower and go on a mission.

You have two months. If at the end of that two months you've accomplished nothing ... then its been a bit of a waste, you know?

I suggest volunteering for something. meet new people etc... just go for one and see if its for you.

If thats not your thing, head to your book shop and pick up a book from the "for Dummies" series and learn a new skill like web design, language or whatever.

Just DO SOMETHING. Waking up each day and wondering what to do will destroy you. Have things going on. If they dont come to you, go to them. How cool would it be to be doing week night course, vounteering and getting fit regularly whilst meeting new people!?

Yeah I've been there m8. I tend to go through stages of this. Couple of months I'm booked up and have to say I cant go places with people ... then a few weeks later I've nothing on for months...

Anyway ... lying around, sleeping in, being lazy etc.... will drive you insane! Believe me.

Get up. Have a shower and go on a mission.

I agree with what you have said here m8. It really has me going crazy. I have even noticed that my neighbours are avoiding me because I keep talking to them through their busy days.

I did volunteer at the youth clubs many years ago and I know the manager well. I have looked into it but they have classes on now every night and if i'm honest I think i'd just be in the way there.

As for a mission I find I am going to the shops a few times a day, Not for anything inparticular just to simply kill time sad or what?

Look in the local swimming pool/community centre and see what's on...maybe sign up to do a course or join a club and meet new people? Learn a new skill or hobby?

I did think of swimming as a good way of meeting people, But don't you think clubs like that would have people who know each other in them. I mean joining a club on my own without a friend coming with me is somthing I would have never of thought of doing, surely not many people join clubs like them on their own?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure there has to be more than just you without a load of friends for the summer. There is going to be people who have friends but want to meet new people, are new to the area or spending summer in the area too who aren't going with a group...there may well be people who know each other there but ime they don't ignore everyone else in the club or they would be kind of missing the point of going there. :)

Advertisement