Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Lit. & History

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi! If anyone on here does Eng Lit. and/or History, what do you think of the course? What's the workload like and would you recommend it? I've put it as my CAO number 1 so I just want to see what people think of it, thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I do single honour History. I think its pretty pimpin'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Be prepared for plenty of reading so.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Denerick wrote: »
    Be prepared for plenty of reading so.

I believe that's a given

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Hey!

Im going into 3rd year Eng and History TSM and love my course. Eng and History were always my favourites in school, and I dont regret choosing them as a combo at all. They were my 1st choice on CAO too. They complement really well, but you have to like reading to enjoy the course....1st year can be tough getting your head around all the material but you'll get used to it. Both subjects are really interesting. I dont find the workload particulary tough. I mean, obviously essay time is tough, as sometimes deadlines can clash but you learn to manage and prioritise. Both departments are good to work with, especially History, as it has Pamela and Judith who are such lovely women to deal with.

Both subjects of course require a lot of reading, so it can get a little boring, especially in 1st year as most of the courses are core courses so you mightent be particualry interested in whats going on. But you get more choice as the years go on.

Of course there's a;ways those that will say you'll never get a job from that degree, as Eng and History is a very popular combination especially if you plan on teaching in secondary schools when you finish. But I figure Ill work all that out when I finish....it might no qualify you for something in particular....but it dosen't disqualify you from much either if that makes sense!
    If you have any q's feel free to PM and Ill answer what I can.
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Thank you so much, lilmizzme =)

• Advertisement
Advertisement