Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't remember who manages who?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Might be one for the computer wizz kids,

Just wondering, is it any way possible at all, that for this forum only, when a user posts, their team name could come up in brackets i.e. Cody1(Wandering Wanderers).

Obviously, a lot of people here are regulars and its easy enough for them to remember other users teams, but for new users and other managers like me who can't remember who manages who it would be a good idea.

Or else, it might be handy, when posting about your team to mention the team name?

Just a thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I just check the boards role call sticky at top of the page when i need to

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I have no problem with putting my team name as a signature on my posts.

Killarney RFC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Eireannach wrote: »
    I have no problem with putting my team name as a signature on my posts.

Killarney RFC

I'll never forget your team and the ass-whuppin' they delivered. It's why I constantly forget who Orizio manages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'll never forget your team and the ass-whuppin' they delivered. It's why I constantly forget who Orizio manages. :D

Obssessed Fewcifur - I find it quite touching really. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Yeah, sorry I'm really bad at just presuming everyone reads the Roll Call thread and memorizes everyone that's on it!
    Wylie Luke = UCG 3rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is it any way possible at all, that for this forum only, when a user posts, their team name could come up in brackets i.e. Cody1(Wandering Wanderers).

Don't know for sure, but I think anything we would do would show up in other parts of boards too. As Eireannach said we could agree to put the team at the end of posts.

Grubber RFC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I think I may have an answer to your problem. How about a subforum for team names. If each manager had one thread with the title being their team name we would have a very handy way of checking who manages who without having to look through the role call thread. e.g.
    Geraldine RFC
    AJeffares

I think this would be very handy. What do people think?
    I wouldn't mind giving a hand setting it up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

ajeffares wrote: »
    I think I may have an answer to your problem. How about a subforum for team names. If each manager had one thread with the title being their team name we would have a very handy way of checking who manages who without having to look through the role call thread. e.g.
    Geraldine RFC
    AJeffares

Seems a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Geraldine RFC
    AJeffares

Seems a good plan, currently I search the role call thread, but the above would be easier I think

Sig would be easiest I reckon, plus it may drum up an interest in BR around these parts :)

• Advertisement

Sig would be easiest I reckon, plus it may drum up an interest in BR around these parts :)

But we can't see sig when signed in:(

Wuh? I.. I don't follow. I can see your BR sig juuuuust fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Yeah what you talking about you fool!

What do you mean by sub-forum exactly? As in another forum within this forum purely for team/manager names?

I cant, maybe personal setting
    Orizio wrote: »
    What do you mean by sub-forum exactly? As in another forum within this forum purely for team/manager names?

Pretty much . . . or would that be to much effort;)

Too much effort for who? It would almost certainly be a waste of space and bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I cant, maybe personal setting

Go to Quick Links, and click on Edit Options in the user control panel part and you can turn show signatures on.

Advertisement