Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slug with bright orange underside

Options
  • 04-06-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

This morning i found a slug with a normal grey/black top but with a very bright orange underside-does the bright orange mean its toxic?

Anyway i picked it up with a dead stick and fed it to a magpie-though whether or not the magpie is dead now i dont know...it flew off somewhere...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nah,doubt if its toxic..certainly not to a magpie..they can pretty much stomach anything.
    I hate that particular type of slug,they grow huge and i've seen them tucking into a dead comrade of thiers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

A slug killed someone I knew from back home recently. He ate it for a dare. The slug itself isnt poisonous but they carry some pretty bad stuff.

Degsy wrote: »
    I hate that particular type of slug,they grow huge and i've seen them tucking into a dead comrade of thiers too.

EEUurrgghh!
    Jumpy wrote: »
    A slug killed someone I knew from back home recently. He ate it for a dare. The slug itself isnt poisonous but they carry some pretty bad stuff.

You are joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Nope. It was in the news recently, they were even saying some bad stuff about him on After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Jumpy wrote: »
    Nope. It was in the news recently, they were even saying some bad stuff about him on After Hours.

Sorry about your friend

but yeh i think i saw in a tv programme on nat geo that slugs are carriers of the lungworm parasite.Which is why i always wear gloves when im laying out salt on slugs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement