Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snipers

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

want to get a sniper for goin abroad just want to know does any1 know wat kind of spring id need for the english sniper fps i know the rate here is different and spring would be changed while abroad ? thnx for any answers;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

iirc the WELL L96 is built for 500 gps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It also has a plastic trigger group though, so not exactly ideal, Id go with a BAR-10 or a VSR etc, there's heaps of upgrades out there for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

was looking @ classic army m24 just love the look of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah their a rock solid piece, the hopup chamber isnt great, but sure its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭chris20

also give the KJ m700 a look,great rifle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

roryk1 wrote: »
    want to get a sniper for goin abroad just want to know does any1 know wat kind of spring id need for the english sniper fps i know the rate here is different and spring would be changed while abroad ? thnx for any answers;)

Be aware that it varies from site to site in the UK but in general the limit is 500FPS on single fire weapons (must me mechanicly incapable of auto fire, auto weapons are normally limited to 1j) so you'd be looking at somthing like an M150 spring. This would mean that the device cannot enter the country with this spring fitted so you would need to do all the changing over there. You cannot even assemble to test over here.

one thing i've been looking into myself is a second bolt assembly for my bolt action to use in the UK as they are simple to drop in in the VSR10 so i can have a second bolt to fit in the UK without having to deal with all the parts in a field ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

chris20 wrote: »
    also give the KJ m700 a look,great rifle

+1
    you can easily knock 500 fps out of one of these, and it's adjustable so no need For new springs/parts.

thanks for the replys realy im not big on gas rifles lookin towards spring rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The tokyo soldier SX9-DB has a gas and spring bolt. If you were to use a higher powered gas, it would boost the FPS. For over here you're looking at using only 134a, so green or CO2 should provide results.

That said, I have never tried either as it will be over the limit for Ireland. Best thing to do is ask Shiva if it's built to handle the higher pressured gasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Please bear in mind two important factors if you want to run a 500fps sniper rifle for the likes of the UK
    1. Do not be surprised when things go horribly wrong because you just threw a 500fps spring in and expect it all to work. In short, make sure the internals can handle the spring as they will be under greatly increased stress.
    2. Watch your engagement ranges. If you run 500fps, general rule of thumb for most sites in the UK is 25m minimum engagement range. If you're inside this and caught doing so you will be told to leave the site and/or told to never come back depending on the site.

• Advertisement

thnx lemming yeh i know about the minimum engagement will have a mp5k for those close calls;) also this is going to be a project piece going to spend time and money into this ie reinforced sears ect:)

hey lads any1 with exp on snipers know if this will workto get english fps rates http://www.classicarmy.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_66&products_id=416

Advertisement