Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tranferring Project from one PC to another on Premiere Pro

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi,

I usually do all my editing on my desktop PC, which is crap, so i've gotten premiere pro installed on my much much faster Laptop. Thing is though that it does not have a firewire port (which seems to be a growing trend in new laptops:mad:) so im thinkin of capturing the footage i need on the desktop and then transferring it over to the laptop, how do I do this? I've read some stuff about Project Manager, but i dont quite inderstand what i have to do, do I do that and merely transfer it on a USB to the laptop? and just open that file in Premiere Pro then?

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

to capture the video use something like HDV split pretty lightweight. It'll ask you where to put the video. Specify a folder and jsut hit record, it'll do all the scene splitting etc itself. When thats done drag and drop the folder onto a usb hardisk. Transfer the folder to new laptop.

Lastly go to premiere File> import files. Select all the files you want to import... BAM! Done!

You could also use premiere to capture your video on the desktop

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

A crossover cable will connect both pc`s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Hey dude,

you can open the project manager, then hit the option that says 'collect files and move to new location' , then pick a destination under Project Destination - this will gather your project and all your source files into one neat package in the location of your choice, so you can get it onto your USB drive that way. Moving it off the drive on the laptop might require a repeat of the procedure, but shoud be no sweat.

Hope that helps

Advertisement