Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year Maintenance Grant PLC course

Options
  • 03-06-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I was given the full maintenance grant last year from Co. Limerick VEC and it wa a godsend. I did the FETAC Level 5 course in Photography. I applied for the next course up FETAC Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Photography and City & Guilds for Higher Professional Diploma in Photography. It seems both are down in the college prospectus as one year course even though technically I am in second year. I was delighted to secure a place as they were limited.

However, now it seems that I along with other students may not be eligible for a grant this year but there doesn't seem to be any clarity on the situation. The VEC sent me re-application forms during the Easter break and I sent them back together with all the info they required except for exam results which are due in July.

I am totally confused -anyone else come up against this or we literally screwed?

Advertisement