Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money for Amsterdam

Options
  • 03-06-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm going to Amsterdam for 5 days with my friends at the end of June.I'm just wondering how much money I should bring?The hotel is already paid for so don't include that.Would €200 be enough do you think?We're not going over for anything specific,it's just to go really.Nights out and the likes will obviously be happening,so any suggestions?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Depends what you doing.
    Are you intending on going drinking? Drink is fairly expensive.
    Eating out evry night will add up too (if you intend on doing that, that is)

Personally i would bring more, but its really down to what you can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

I'd say go out 3 nights and eat out every night.I'll bring as much as possible.I'm just trynna see how much is enough to get by.
    Thanks for the post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

How much Weed are you gonna smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Doodle53 wrote: »
    I'm going to Amsterdam for 5 days with my friends at the end of June.I'm just wondering how much money I should bring?The hotel is already paid for so don't include that.Would €200 be enough do you think?We're not going over for anything specific,it's just to go really.Nights out and the likes will obviously be happening,so any suggestions?
    Cheers

€100 a day, minimum IMO

pints are around 6 euro
    youll eat loads too and its an expensive place

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm going to Amsterdam for 5 days with my friends
    Mates male of female? If male, and they're all single, you'll be probably doing what all sterotypical "group of lads" do: smoke weed, visit the RLD, and drink lots. I'd say bring more than €200. How much would you spend usually on a night out in your local pub? As said, €100 a day may be enough, but consider that as well as "what you'd drink in a night", add another few bob for smoke, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Friends are females sorry,probably shoulda mentioned that.We dont smoke or any of that either so I guess that's a few bob off too.It's mostly going out at night and food,while taking in the odd excursion

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We dont smoke or any of that either so I guess that's a few bob off too.It's mostly going out at night and food,while taking in the odd excursion
    €100 a day, then. What are you planning to do, do you know yet, during the day? The devil makes work for idle hands, as the saying goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Well all I know is €200 wouldn't do me over there.

Advertisement