Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webasto Diesel Heater Problem

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Any night heater experts out there?

I have a Webasto Diesel Air Top 2000 heater which i fitted in my camper. I recently inadvertently restricted the outlet while it was running.
    It cut out, I assume stopped by it's overheat switch.

However it doesnt want to run again.

I was wondering is there something i need to reset in it. Or once the overheat switch is activated does it have to be replaced.
    The exact symptoms are the fan runs for 120 seconds before stopping. The pump does not cycle at all.

According to the service manual that means "Cabling to Dosing pump, pump itself or overheat protection defective"

I have checked the cabling and supplied power directly to the pump and it seems to be perfect.
    The Components Testing section gives Resistance values for the Glow Plug and Flame Sensor but not the overheat sensor. Does anyone know the correct resistance there.
    Anyone ever come across this problem.

Or if there are no experts out there on boards.ie anyone know a night heater specific forum or somewhere like that.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Did you try to reset it by removing the main fuse for at least 15 seconds? The Webasto water heaters, at least, can be reset that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

yes i had the fuse out a few times for up to an hour at a time. Didn't see to make a difference. ↲
    Thanks for the suggestion though.↲ ↲anyone know somewhere in ireland who repairs them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've done a couple but tbh I don't know who has parts for them . IIRC there is a dealer somewhere near Killaloe or Birdhill , he mostly does trucks and buses .

Advertisement