Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

listened in on someones voicemail

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got a slightly strange message from someone about a month ago. Not really menacing but a bit odd I hadnt a clue who it was and so asked them but they gave me the first name of a friend of mine. I asked him about it he said it wasnt him. I thought it was someone messing with my head So a couple of days ago i foolishly listened in on the persons voice message. The person then phoned me back and left a meesage. It was someone with the same name as my friend. Now hes phoning me as he he wants to know why i was phoning( my number must have shown up in his message minder)

What should i tell him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Maybe he dialled a wrong number and left a message on your phone by mistake. It happens me all the time, I often get very interesting messages on Sunday mornings left by people too drunk to punch in the right number!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

When you dialed into his message minder, he got a txt from you saying "you missed a call from me at x.xx time and date".

He wont know you listened to his messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He might know if his voicemail is turned off eg he might wonder how i keft a voice message

His original text message was 'to get you never had you have to do somethimg you mever did before god takes it all away'
    Is that wierd or am i just over analying?

I had got hoax calls before thats why i was wondering about it

It sort of made sense when o found out who it was as the person might have been a bit messed up recently

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd ignore it. My sister got disgustingly graphic details of a girl's lesbian fantasies ('i changed my ex bf's number and got yours' - seriously?) and when I texted it, they acted like they didnt know me and said they'd report me!
    Strangely, when I called it, it was a fully grown woman. :confused:

Probably was a mistake but I mean, you have proof he called you first in your call logs. Sounds harmless tbh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

me-again wrote: »
    He might know if his voicemail is turned off eg he might wonder how i keft a voice message

His original text message was 'to get you never had you have to do somethimg you mever did before god takes it all away'
    Is that wierd or am i just over analying?

I had got hoax calls before thats why i was wondering about it

It sort of made sense when o found out who it was as the person might have been a bit messed up recently

Just tell him that you dialed directly into his voicemail to see who it was, leave of the fact the fact that you checked his messages, if he is dumb enough to have 0000 as his password he is not going to know. Now forget about this. case closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When you say he's phoning you OP, how many times has he phoned you exactly? Is he harassing you? If he is, I'd tell him you got a message off him and were wondering who he was.
    If he hasn't phoned you more than once, forget it and move on.

Advertisement