Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs peeing on new grass

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I would be very grateful for some advice on a new garden lawn. We got rolls of grass laid on the lawn about 6 weeks ago. The guy dug it up and laid the rolls down, and it looked great.

It still looks great in patches, but we have 2 beagles who pee on the grass, and it is causing burns marks. I bought 2 rolls at the weekend and tried to patch it up by removing the burnt areas and replacing with new grass, and again it looks ok, but everyday I go out, there seems to be a new burn mark, and at this rate I will have a patchwork garden again before the end of the summer.

Is there anything i can add to the burnt areas to restore them rather than dig them out? I water the lawn almost every night and try to soak the areas affected by their pee, but its not working. I am getting annoyed now, as I put a lot of effort into the garden, building decking and paving and doing a lot of planting, before finally getting the grass done.

Thanks

Declan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Unless you can persuade your dogs not to pee, not alot you can do except water area to dilute the pee, otherwise the grass will burn and die.

Have you tried taking the dogs for a walk and train them on when you want them to pee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Can you limit where they go, like maybe build a run for them ? Where my dog pees i have learned, he gets let out in the morning for a pee in the front, then we walk and he pees for Ireland (cocking his leg every 10ft :rolleyes:). Comes home has the run of the garden but doesn't seem to pee until we walk again in the evening, then again last thing at night when he gets fed.
    He always has access to water and is in and out of the house all day i guess plenty of walks and limiting where they pee should help.
    There is also this product but i have no clue if it's any good
    http://www.dogrocks.org/

Advertisement