Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

film studies trinity college

Options
  • 02-06-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is anyone studying film studies in trinity college.Would you recommend it?
    what other subject do you study with it?
    I would like a students insight into the course if anyone could help.
    I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me any information about the course

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hi 3rocksigns

I don't do it, but one of my best friends is doing Film Studies with Religions and Theology (I do single honours R&T). It does get slagged a bit as a joke course (all courses get slagged, don't mind that), but believe me, it's absolutely a tough and difficult course. My friend does quite ok in Religion, but she failed 2 (I think) Film courses last year (had to repeat the exams) and has probably failed at least one more this year. But it does look absolutely fascinating. I've a huge interest in film, and what she's doing does look like alot fun, and she does enjoy it, it's just very hard!

Also, you've really practically no chance of getting Schol if you do Film. They really don't give it out (I don't know when the last year they gave it out was, but it's certainly before my time), in an effort to get the course taken more serious than it is.

That's more or less it I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 3rocksigns

Thanks for the reply dark classes,If i do it it would be with english lit.I was looking for options with english lit.

Advertisement