Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Sprayer Brand

Options
  • 02-06-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at investing in a sprayer for the home place and am looking for a bit of advice.
    We don't have a lot of spraying just some maintenance on grazing paddocks & silage ground, docks etc and some reseeding works each year. Up to now we always get the local contractor to do it but its impossible to get him when conditions are ideal last year we ended up spaying a reseeded area with the knapsack :mad: not something I'd like to repeat.
    I have been looking at a few second hand and have been advised to only buy a Hardi however they are either prohibitively expensive for the amount of work we'd have for it or there actually impossible to get.
    Ideally we'd like a 400 or 600 litre tank as we have some silage ground a few miles from home with no running water and don't particularly want to spend the day having to go home refilling a 200 litre one.
    Are there any other decent brands of sprayer out there that we could look at. Any one that would have a decent backup / parts service if it broke down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

PN14 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking at investing in a sprayer for the home place and am looking for a bit of advice.
    We don't have a lot of spraying just some maintenance on grazing paddocks & silage ground, docks etc and some reseeding works each year. Up to now we always get the local contractor to do it but its impossible to get him when conditions are ideal last year we ended up spaying a reseeded area with the knapsack :mad: not something I'd like to repeat.
    I have been looking at a few second hand and have been advised to only buy a Hardi however they are either prohibitively expensive for the amount of work we'd have for it or there actually impossible to get.
    Ideally we'd like a 400 or 600 litre tank as we have some silage ground a few miles from home with no running water and don't particularly want to spend the day having to go home refilling a 200 litre one.
    Are there any other decent brands of sprayer out there that we could look at. Any one that would have a decent backup / parts service if it broke down.
    hardi or berthoud would be among the best but are fairly expensive. there are cheaper brands that do the job just as well and can be got from most machinery dealers. buying a secondhand sprayer you need to be careful because it could be out of calibration with bloced nozzles and damaged booms so could cost a lot to sort out. if your buying new it would be a good idea to spend a little extra to get galvanized booms because they can be prone to rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

I bought a Jarmet sprayer last year 400litre galv booms 15metre. supplied with lance, €1300.
    Very happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

red bull wrote: »
    I bought a Jarmet sprayer last year 400litre galv booms 15metre. supplied with lance, €1300.
    Very happy with it

I have a 600l Jarmet for almost 10 years now and it has never given a problem. Do a bit of contract work with it too so it has been worked fairly hard. Jarmet would be more than good enough for any farmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Thanks for the info lads. I had a look at the Jarmet sprayers on the net they look reasonable would def be good enough for what I would want them for. Anyone know if there are any dealers for these in Limerick, North Cork, Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

PN14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info lads. I had a look at the Jarmet sprayers on the net they look reasonable would def be good enough for what I would want them for. Anyone know if there are any dealers for these in Limerick, North Cork, Tipperary.

Gary Brogan in Limerick should have them. Brogan's in Strokestown, Cloghan and Aughrim are definitely dealers so i presume its a family thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Brogans in Tuam too. Quoted €1550 for my sprayer from them got mine €1300 delivered from Wilsons NI

Advertisement