Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will i get my mother to see sense

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My mother is works part time. she spends the rest of her time when she is not working cooking, cleaning, washing, shopping etc for my brothers who are all living at home and are all adults. all unemployed too who are all too happy to sit and do nothing all day and allow my mother to do everything for them. my mother is under some belief that men will be men, and somebody has to do these things for them until they find wives. no joke! she doesnt have to do any of that.
    im not living at home but have to remain locally for work and my mother calls upon me to do a lot which i simply cannot do because of my work and its long hours. besides i am happily single out of choice and do not want to nor can i raise my mothers sons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm not sure you can get your mother to see sense, if she hasn't noticed the madness of running around after grown adults only unable and unwilling to do their bit because she runs around after them, what can you do? I would certainly outline exactly why you think they are taking advantage and that she's merrily facilitating them, if her back wants that rod then that's her choice but I wouldn't feel bad about refusing to get roped in.

Perhaps you could mediate? Can you arrange a family meeting of some sort and tell everyone how you feel and why and get the people still living with your mother to work out some arrangement with her to help out?

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 backwards

Tell them to grow a conscience!

Honestly.. how can they let their Mother do everything for them?

Any why can our Mothes not see that while they do everything for someone, that Person will never need to learn to do it them selves!

I feel for you.

XX

Advertisement