Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TnDSoundSystem - Massive system for hire!

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Alright lads, just recently finished building our system and are hoping to rent it out to try and recover some of the money we put into it.
    Its a 3,600watt system with 4 bass bins, 4 mids and 8 highs.

We are based in Cork but can travel if its needed. Any club, pub or even just a big house party :D we can cater for. Rate is negotiable and I can put pictures up if its needed.

A bit screwed financially at the moment from this project but its something Ive been wanting to do for years so its money and time well spent as far as Im concerned.

Looking to host DnB, techno, dubstep, jungle...any type of music really. If any business is interested then message me here for more details/phone number. If we can generate enough income to get us out of the hole weve dug then we will become a free party sound system for the Cork and county area so all proceeds are going to go towards some banging parties throughout the Summer.

Let us know anyway and keep the tunes banging out :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Nice one man! Best of luck with it!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice one guys, please post pix and can you give even an indication of pricing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TnDSoundSystem

10654870.jpg

Cork area were looking for €100 - €150 depending on event and distance. Outside of Cork city and county prices are negotiable.

We wont be operational for another two weeks because of some driver difficuties but still aiming to organise some events in the meantime.

Cheers lads.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fair play that is very reasonable. I edited your post title and might put this in a sticky somewhere. Would you bring it to Dublin?

Nice one fair play. I edited your thread title there and might put it in one of the stickys. Would you deliver to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Zascar wrote: »
    Nice one fair play. I edited your thread title there and might put it in one of the stickys. Would you deliver to Dublin?

Defo shopuld be a sticky chief.......great set up for rising gigs/promoters trying to get new things going......fair plays lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Who's thinking along the same lines :D

I'd say wipe the last paragraph of the OP, just in case.

What kinda amps would you need in conjunction with these? PA stuff is one thing I'm not terribly familiar with. Is there things like cross-over and all that to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Looks good lads and i might even use you guys myself although it wouldn't be for another 6/7 months but if this can be kept a sticky than that would be cool.

Fair play that is very reasonable. I edited your post title and might put this in a sticky somewhere. Would you bring it to Dublin?

Not sure about Dublin, our rig van is a bit dodgy and the farther the drive the grumpier the driver is haha :D. Its all subjective to the event and costing though.
    jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Who's thinking along the same lines :D

I'd say wipe the last paragraph of the OP, just in case.

What kinda amps would you need in conjunction with these? PA stuff is one thing I'm not terribly familiar with. Is there things like cross-over and all that to deal with?

10654931.jpg
    Thats the amp rack powering the whole job.

Whole thing is a bit of a risk though as we had to borrow money to get it off the ground and relying on gigs/events to make a few repayments. At the moment were pretty much broke though, once we find our footing we will be sorted though.
    Cheers for th positive comments lads, was a bit unsure as to how it would be recieved since its border line spamming haha but I suppose everyones got to start somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

fair play to ye lads!

is this system build purely for underground music or could it be used in a commercial setting aswell?

it looks class any way! il spread the word to promoters around cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Out of interest what kinda wattage would the average mobile be lugging about?

From what little I know 3.6kw would be fit for very large venus. I know my measly 700W system has never been anything but adequete:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dr_Herringbone

Fair play to ye lads. Have you posted on the music forum of People's Republic of Cork? Promoters/Djs frequently post there inquiring about renting sound systems.

Did you have much experience in woodwork/electrics before this or was it a case of learning as you went along?

fair play to ye lads!

is this system build purely for underground music or could it be used in a commercial setting aswell?

it looks class any way! il spread the word to promoters around cork!
    Were open to any offers for any event at the moment.
    Out of interest what kinda wattage would the average mobile be lugging about?

From what little I know 3.6kw would be fit for very large venus. I know my measly 700W system has never been anything but adequete:p
    3.6kw should do 300 - 500 people indoors fine. Outdoors would be less though. Havnt had the chance to test it with a lot of people in different settings yet though so will hav to see what our limits are as we go on.
    Fair play to ye lads. Have you posted on the music forum of People's Republic of Cork? Promoters/Djs frequently post there inquiring about renting sound systems.

Did you have much experience in woodwork/electrics before this or was it a case of learning as you went along?
    Browsed over the forum a bit but until were 100% ready to start renting it out I dont want to advertise it too much.

My dad is a carpenter whos built a few cabs before. Another lad involved and me have experience on the driver/amp side of things. Once we get used to the general routine of things we should be going steady but at the moment were just starting out so learning as we go along as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Very nice system lads. Once I get the confidence together to throw a rave / gig together you'll be first on my list once you's can provide the amps, I have no problem putting you's up for a night and paying about 200-250 quid if you's are willing to travel to Dublin, would much rather support a couple of heads like yourselves than some bunch of lads just looking for money.

Throwing some contact details up there would be a good idea. In the mean time, best of luck to you's. Expect a call off me once I have the balls to throw a gig together. :pac:

RMD wrote: »
    Very nice system lads. Once I get the confidence together to throw a rave / gig together you'll be first on my list once you's can provide the amps, I have no problem putting you's up for a night and paying about 200-250 quid if you's are willing to travel to Dublin, would much rather support a couple of heads like yourselves than some bunch of lads just looking for money.

Throwing some contact details up there would be a good idea. In the mean time, best of luck to you's. Expect a call off me once I have the balls to throw a gig together. :pac:

Once we have everything running smoothly I'll put up contact details, trying not to get ahead of ourselves for the time being.

One of our concerns is trying to avoid competition with other companies like Soundtrax in Cork. Phoned them up to see what sort of average price they charge and its going to be hard to match to be honest.
    There arent many individually owned rigs in Ireland though so hopefully theres a market for it.
    Our main aim is just to get ourselves out of financial trouble, hoping to move much more towards free parties then. Thats a good bit down the line yet though.

By the way, theres a free party and bbq out on a beach in West Cork tomorrow night. Some good DJs and music till the sun comes up. Location will be released tonight or tomorrow but I have a good idea where it is ;)

Its nothing to do with us though, just getting the word out there.

Were up and running from the 6th of July so anyone looking for a system for a festival, party or music event can get onto me here and Ill give you our details (address, phone number etc..)
    Free to travel to Cork and directly surrounding counties for now. Can travel further but that would be upping the price a good bit.

Get the word out anyway if ye can.

Cheers lads.

From what little I know 3.6kw would be fit for very large venus.

Small to medium sized venues, really... Better a large rig running at half capacity than a small one touching the reds...

Setup looks good though! Rates are pretty damn reasonable too - I'll be passing the details on to a few mates of mine down south...

;)

Small to medium sized venues, really... Better a large rig running at half capacity than a small one touching the reds...

Setup looks good though! Rates are pretty damn reasonable too - I'll be passing the details on to a few mates of mine down south...

;)

Yeah spot on. Should do 200 people nice enough though.

Just looking to make enough to dig ourselves out of the financial hole were in and to cover costs of transport with a bit of cash left over. Hopefully once (if :p) we have a good reputation we can organise something with a few festivals but thats a year or two down the line yet.

Yep, as I said in my PM festivals is the way to go for you guys!

Just out of interest, how does someone go about building their own super duper sound system???

Yeah spot on. Should do 200 people nice enough though.

Just looking to make enough to dig ourselves out of the financial hole were in and to cover costs of transport with a bit of cash left over. Hopefully once (if :p) we have a good reputation we can organise something with a few festivals but thats a year or two down the line yet.

Best of luck anyway man!

• Advertisement

Yep, as I said in my PM festivals is the way to go for you guys!

Just out of interest, how does someone go about building their own super duper sound system???
    http://speakerplans.com/index.php?id=plans

Great info on there, most carpenters should be able to follow the plans without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Fair play lads

All up and running now, looking to host our own techno, jungle/dnb tents at local festivals to cater for the electronic side of things.

Been playing about with it the last few days and managed to get the shades called on us so had to move out to the countryside :rolleyes:

Sounding nice though and even a few of the neighbours out at the old house came round to see what all the noise was about. Anyone in the Cork area wanting to know about parties Im hosting or wanting to rent it then send a private message and Ill give you my number/party number.

Party this weekend in West Cork, pm for details ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

Fair play to you lads. Great to see. I hope you've checked out the movie "Babylon". If we can swing an event in the lovely county of Clare we might be in touch to get a price off you. Would love to support such a good cause.

Fair play to you lads. Great to see. I hope you've checked out the movie "Babylon". If we can swing an event in the lovely county of Clare we might be in touch to get a price off you. Would love to support such a good cause.
    You heard of Bump festival happening in Clare this weekend? Few of the lads down here are going up for that, got a few friends in clare too so Clare might definitely be an option in the future. Just have to get a hitch fitted to the car for transport outside of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

lash a few surfboards on the top and make it a holiday.

You heard of Bump festival happening in Clare this weekend? Few of the lads down here are going up for that, got a few friends in clare too so Clare might definitely be an option in the future. Just have to get a hitch fitted to the car for transport outside of Cork.

I'll be playing in the DnB tent on the Saturday night man, under the name "Ancient Ways" - come and say hello!

I'll be playing in the DnB tent on the Saturday night man, under the name "Ancient Ways" - come and say hello!
    Not going to be there myself, still having our own party on the Saturday, Ill tell the lads to keep an ear out though. Good luck though and all the best for Bump, sounds like a proper mash up of a festival. Would go myself if I had the money for it

• Advertisement

Bump.

Also have lighting rig available with it now too :pac:

Laser, strobe, two flower lights, UV light (also with UV backdrop) and cannon light.

Within the Cork area it would be 100 + another 20 for lights. Bit extra if its outdoors and a generator is needed.

Starting building two MT102s in the coming weeks to replace/add to the mids and tops and hope to build two hog scoops before Christmas. Plans for both can be found on Speakerplans.com.

Advertisement