Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydiving Beginner

Options
  • 02-06-2010 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    loads of schools throughtout Europe offering AFF courses. Was wondering has anyone any experience with any? Looking for a resonable price but also a high quality course. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

try the gap in france or empuriabrava or skydive spain

a google will find them easily

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I can second the Empuriabrava recommendation.

In Ireland there is the Irish Parachute Club in Co.Offaly and Skydive Ireland in Co.Tipperary. Both offer the AFF course. There is also the Wild Geese club in Co.Derry but I don't know for sure if they offer AFF.

Personally I went to Empuriabrava to do my AFF course as the weather is a lot more reliable and I was able to complete the course and do a few fun jumps in 5 days.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pai496

The Irish Parachute Club in Clonbullogue is a great place to do AFF, plenty of quality instruction and at this time of the year you'll have no problems completing it over a couple of weekends. Empuria is a great place, a little prone to high winds coming from the mountains. Check out www.skydive.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

Empuria is a great DZ but plagued by winds ,

Skydive Spain near Seville is a fantastic place to learn . Great staff , really fast planes and a big clear landing area , AFF is a little expensive at €1500 though ( from memory , maybe is has come down since )

Freefall university near Madria is pretty cheap at 1200 . I dont know much about the place but heard from others thats its OK .

The Irish Parachute Club are currently doing AFF ( 7 jumps ) for €1080 .
    Used to be 1200 .I dont know anywhere cheaper in Europe at the moment ,
    And with the good weather recently you could complete the course in two days !
    BTW once you have completed the course and can jump on your own , it only costs €40 per jump inc gear rental :)

Advertisement