Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone being in a situation like this?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Im 18 year old girl and for the past year Ive being moving from one friend to another because Im officially homeless.Me and my parents got evicted last year and when it has happened my dad dissapeared and i havent heard off him and my mum got a house and is now on social welfare while Im still traveling from one friend to another and dont have a place to live.Im basically living off 100 euros per months and my friends help,but I would really love to get a place I could call home.Im planing to try and go to college next year aswell as I got accepted into one course,but the problem is I cant seem to get a job as Ireland is still suffering from recession and I dont know if there is anything I could apply for to get some sort of welfare and hopefully a place I could call home.Anybody know if I would be entitled to anything if Im only 18 and finished secondary school last year and plan to go to college???by the way Im not Irish but I have an EU citizenship so any of your help would be really helpfull.also one problem is the freinds from whom ive being moving around most of them are on social welfare and dont have a lot of place to let me stay and normally I would be living on a couch so if I was to go to social welfare office and they asked me where I live I wouldnt really be able to tell that I was staying in my friends as they could get into trouble from social welfare :(

any help???I really need some advice
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LYDIABANK

hya thats a really tough situation your in. did you get any info on it? im sure you know about the website. if that dosnt answer your question you should ring the v.e.c, sorry i couldn be more help :(

Advertisement