Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression so soon???

Options
  • 01-06-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I have had a lot of problems with depression, starting from when I was very young. 19 now. Been doing alright now for just over a year, really starting to get my life on track, looking for my first job, finished my first year of college. First time in my life that I feel stable.
    I've had some problems with my period/health and only just last month finally decided to see the doctor and find out what's wrong. I guess the main reason I finally did it is because I had started to actually take care of myself. I was feeling like my life was more together.
    So the doctor said the pill should sort out my problems, and what with my depression history and a cancer history in my family, she put me on microlite, which she told me is one of the lightest pills you can go on.
    Thing is, I've only been on it for four days and already I feel depressed. It's such little time that I hadn't even connected the dots back to the pill, until today, after a 5 hour cry-in-a-room-on-my-own-athon, when I realised I'd been feeling worse and worse over the last 3 days, and I'd been on the pill for 4 days.
    However, I find it really hard to believe that it could affect me so quickly, I had thought it would take months for me to notice any side effects. And this is apparently a really light pill.

Is it possible that my sudden crash into depression has been caused by the pill???
    Should I give it more time, to see if this goes away, or is the risk of me harming myself not worth it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go back to your dr, ring them and talk to them tomorrow and go in and see them if they think you should.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement