Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Summer Jobs

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

Anyone got any suggestions for finding a summer job Dublin/Kildare for a New Multimedia student?

Thanks a mill
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Firstly Multimedia will get you no-where in this climate. Your best bet is a shop or restaurant and that's if they have vacancies which I'm sure they don't. Sorry if this sounds depressing but the Country is screwed so be prepared for a boring summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Suggestions!? Throw your CV in everywhere and anywhere you can.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Firstly Multimedia will get you no-where in this climate. Your best bet is a shop or restaurant and that's if they have vacancies which I'm sure they don't. Sorry if this sounds depressing but the Country is screwed so be prepared for a boring summer.

uttery wrong and unhelpful post.

what sort of mutlimedia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

uttery wrong and unhelpful post.

what sort of mutlimedia?

I don't think so the poster was merely pointing out the obvious, na matter how depressing it may be!

OP throw your CV in everywhere you can. I find that a lot of pubs and local shops etc. tend not to advertise when they have vacancies. Instead they'll ask their current staff if they have a friend who needs work or they'll just go through the CVs they've gotten in recently. Most of my friends who do have part-time/temporary jobs at the moment got them by just throwing their details in to places that weren't actively hiring at the time and then getting a call out of the blue a while later.

As an aside all the talk of CVs reminds me of a story a friend told me. He works in a pub and a guy walks in, comes up the counter and asks if there's any work. So my friend says to the guy to leave in his CV and the manger will get back to him. But the guys doesn't have a CV, or apparently a computer to do one up, so he asks if he can write it down on a napkin for the time being! Moral of the story make sure you have a neat and clear CV!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

Thanks for the advice.

Interactive Digital Multi-media - flash, webdesign and content, actively followed international blog, that sort of thing.

As in most of life, a lot is who you know and more is luck.:cool:

Any sniff of temp jobs? Is it worth working at festivals for example?

• Advertisement
Advertisement