Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexspensive Tennis/Squash in Limerick

Options
  • 01-06-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would like to take up tennis or maybe squash. I need to get into a sport and this is definately up my alley.
    First of all im under the impression and I could be very wrong, that it is very exspensive to join a club.(annual fee of thousands)
    My perfect plan would be, to attend coaching/classes/games 2-3 times a week. I don't even know if there are group lessons, as individual coaching feels very serious. I would (if i was any way good) compete, and I'd really enjoy being part of a club. I just don't know where to start.
    Im willing to pay annual fee (not thousands though:eek:)
    I expect to pay every class/lesson/game
    Please could anyone help me the LLTC seems very exclusive and the Catholic Inst also???
    Feel free to correct me on everything I have said. Its exactly what I need.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 explosions hurt

Hey. I'm a squash player myself and I pay in LLTC. I would've had the same preconception about the club before I joined about 5 years ago. But now I play squash 3 or 4 times a week and absolutely love it and have made a good few friends in the club too. There's still some people in there with the exclusivity attitude but there are way more down to earth people these days I think.
    As for the catholic institute, their membership rate is cheaper but the facilities aren't up to scratch at all. Poor lighting on the tenis courts last time I was up there and the squash courts were falling apart. I think the senior annual membership is around 600 but I'm pretty sure if you join this time of year they'll offer you a rate for the remainder of the year. There's plenty of stuff going on throughout the year for all levels really and there's some decent coaches too. PM me if you're interested and want a member to propose you. Assuming your not a serial tennis player killer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Thanks very much for your reply,

I'm going back to uni in sept in Limerick, so once I have my money sorted I'd definitely be up for this. Would it be ok to PM you then...??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 explosions hurt

No problem.

Advertisement