Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalist Season 9

Options
  • 01-06-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Giz a vote...

SPEECH!

I won't lie and suggest I'm an integral part of the Irish BR scene, frankly I'm one of those managers who finds it hard to care about the world outside his league. I'm the sort of manager I will be trying to target if I'm elected as journalist.

Before my plans, a short blast about myself: degree in journalism, twenty-something male; started playing BR back in season 6; involved in boards.ie BR community; tight-head by birth. emoticon.01.png

- PLANS -

Broaden Coverage

I remember getting very excited when my turn at a Div3 preview came along back in season 7. Up until then I didn't care about the journalist section and the constant look at the top 6 teams in the country. Even when a small team would get through to the later stages of the National Cup, the previews would always focus on those top Div1 teams.
    I would hope to broaden coverage and start bringing in lower division managers into the wider community.

Journo Team

In my opinion, one person trying to tackle the whole of BR is going to fail miserably and either focus on one element and neglect the rest, or spread themselves so thin that no section gets appropriate coverage.

I would propose setting up a journalism team, similar to efforts made in the past. I would look on JPrender's excellent U20's coverage as an example.
    Ideally you'd have a journalist looking at each division, one looking at the national squad and one at the U20's.

Irish BR magazine

If the opportunity arises (ie. if somebody has some server space they'd care to spare.) I'd like to set-up an online magazine for Irish BR. It can be difficult to get engaged with content when it's in a narrow bar on the right of your screen, but a dedicated magazine could really encourage growth in the Irish BR community.
    For an example, here's an online project I set-up and edited for college http://www.thekippure.com (as an aside, some nice rugby coverage going on.)

I'd be looking at interviews with managers, guide to different tactics, previews of divisions, looking at team "star" players etc.

It'll be great if it happens, and I know I can't do it on my own, but I'm a ninja when it comes to editing and I reckon this can all be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Broaden Coverage

I remember getting very excited when my turn at a Div3 preview came along back in season 7.

I remember getting a review in the league, and prospects of promotion... got excited but have never appeared since :(

I'll vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Ya got my vote anyway ya legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You'll get my vote...

...but only because you're the only person stupid enough to run. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Orizio wrote: »
    You'll get my vote...

...but only because you're the only person stupid enough to run. :D

I'm up against CMurphy and AaahRugby... so I'll take your vote as a sign of your confidence in me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

You got my vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You have my vote, really like the idea of a magazine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

you have my vote. Boards solidarity and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Well, I won the dastard. Now, to think of something to write.

Advertisement