Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incomplete Prescription ?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I requested my spectacle prescription from Specsavers with a view to ordering some prescription sunglasses online.

However now that I have got around to ordering - the prescription appears to contain very little information.

Just Right and Left Eye Sphere for Distance -3.00 and -2.75

Nothing is completed in the area of the prescription for Cyl, Axis or Prism.

I would appreciate any help in advising if this prescription appears complete and if not - what do I need to ask for.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Cyl and Axis relate to corrections for astigmatism, which you obviously don't have, and Prism is used to treat the likes of eye muscle imbalances which again must not apply in your case. You will need your PD (Pupillary Distance ) though to order prescription glasses on line, which AFAIK, is not routinely included on a prescription.

Advertisement